Fresh paint......wooo hooooooo!

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
Okay...fresh from the stkr.racing garage...my new paint job thanks to my friend Paul. He claims he's "just" a bodyman, but I think he should do more painting.

To let you know what kind of a guy he is. His wife works with my wife, and we worked out a deal for him to paint my race plastics and tank. We agreed on a price of $300
wow.gif
I know...cheap!
cool.gif
It took him a little longer than he thought due to some of life's priorities, but to me it wasn't a big deal, I had plenty of time before my first track day. Now for the good part...

When we tried to give his wife the check, she said that he told her not to worry about it, that we had done a lot for them in the past. As grateful and shocked as I was, I just couldn't let him take nothing for his work and the materials. We actually paid him $350 just as a tip for helping me out. When I called him, he tried to tell me no, but I told him to use it for their kids when they went on vacation soon. He's a helluva guy
beerchug.gif

Okay...onto the paint.

FIRST: For those that don't remember what the "Cow Bike" looked like at the end of last season...here's a pic. This was during the sanding prior to buying the new bodywork.
laugh.gif

new paint pics to follow...

BHF_092405_005_copy.jpg

Now for the new paint. I'm waiting on my Suzuki logo stickers, gsxr decals, numbers, and yellow background vinyl to come in this weekend. I should have it all done by the 19th at Road America.
cool.gif

This paint is a 2006 Chevrolet, Lazer Blue Metallic found on the Impala's and Monte Carlo's. If the sun is reflecting on it, it appears a rich blue, but any part that is in the shade appears purple due to the red and pearl in the paint. Really different than any other track bike I've seen.

New_paint_1_001.jpg

The bike is looking great....but that's a tiny snowblower for living in WI
laugh.gif

The tail section. This shows the difference between the purple and blue just due to the lighting by the workbench.

New_paint_1_008.jpg

The last one! Just a close up of the paint. Not a really good pic, but you get the idea...

New_paint_1_009.jpg

That's it
cool.gif

I'll take some pics when I get the stickers on and the number plates sorted out. It may have to wait until I'm at the track on the 19th. I'm almost scared to risk crashing it.
laugh.gif

hmmm....nice! Ya gotta take pics of it in the sun, though...I'm sure it'll look sweet.

I'm thinkin it may be time to have the bike repainted too...just can't decide on a color.

ok..ok..The snowblower deserves some respect due to long-life aspect..
laugh.gif

I like the color a lot...I would be sorta scared to race in the rain...but hey, a little war damage gives personality...Not saying its gona happen...but the bike sure looks very nice. What sorta stickers are ya putting on?

ok..ok..The snowblower deserves some respect due to long-life aspect..
laugh.gif

I like the color a lot...I would be sorta scared to race in the rain...but hey, a little war damage gives personality...Not saying its gona happen...but the bike sure looks very nice. What sorta stickers are ya putting on?
Thanks
cool.gif

I'm not riding or racing in the rain again. It's just not worth it to me.

The stikers are Silver Metallic Suzuki lower fairing logo, and tank logo. I'll have to cut out some yellow sheet vinyl for number plate backgrounds, and then apply my bike number over that. The other stickers are just vendor logo's. I don't call them sponsors because they're not paying me to call them that.

I didn't want painted on number plates in case I somehow move to Expert(white plates) from Novice(yellow plates). Much easier to change with the vinyl.

Back