Frankenstein bolts removed

jay21112

Registered
I got some replacement "frankenstein bolts" off of ebay that sit flush with the bike.

The kit came with 4 bolts - 2 for the front bolts and 2 for the grab bar bolts.

I only replaced the front bolts as I figure if I'm riding with the grab bar on I may need to bungie something onto the bike, so I kept the ones on the grab bar to do so.

However if I'm riding with the hump on then I want a cool sleek look and I definitely won't be strapping anything down.

So onto the pics:

Before:

Flush_Tail_bolts__before_.jpg

I like that look a lot.

I use my net often so that may work for me.

Anyone else hit their knee on one of those getting on/off the bike? It hit right under my kneecap, brought tears to my eyes..............

looks good
just a tip
the plastic snap in ring [black]its held in by the frankin bolt, is not held in place by most replacement bolts. i poped mine out and a dab of sillcone will keep it from falling out.

you can also use stock rotor bolts. Just trim off a little. Same thread.

runeight...

hell yea i have a few times and made me want to drop to the grown ...lol ..do you know what thread and size they are ? defintaly would like to through mine in the trash ..

(V8N3T @ Nov. 13 2006,04:31) how much did those run you?
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/HAYABUSA-GSX1300R-TAIL-BOLT-KIT-CLEAN-LOOK_W0QQitemZ150057917561QQihZ005QQcategoryZ35580QQ
ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/HAYABUS....iewItem</a>

Just curious, but couldn't you find the same allen bolt thread and size at a hardware store (HoPo, Lowes, etc.)?

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 13 2006,08:50) Just curious, but couldn't you find the same allen bolt thread and size at a hardware store (HoPo, Lowes, etc.)?
Don't see why not.
Only problem would be is you have no idea how long you want it to be.
Trial and error would work.
Don't know if anyone measured these....

Most places did not carry allen head bolt such as this and i did not want to order a box of 20 bolts. These bolts look as if they belong there . I do not want to remove one eye sore and replace it with another. So i purchased these.

If anyone wants to get rid of two of their Frankie bolts, let me know by PM. Suzi wants too much for the bolts, and I use them for cargo bag on long rides. I need to replace one after the allen socket stripped out. Anyway, let me know if you want to get rid of a couple.

Charlie

I got a black set but can't get my franken bolts out, well i got the clutch side bolt out the but the one on throttle side WILL NOT BUDGE! I've tried allen wrenches, vise grips, and even a pipe wrench, but it doesn't move

Back