Frankenstein bolts removed

took mine out last weekend with a small allen.

are you sure you are turning the right way?

Lefty loosie
all_coholic.gif

thanks man but yeah i R smart i be a good working guy on stuff

lurk.gif
Doing some appearance mods thanks to Tom in a few weeks, might have to look at this.
beerchug.gif

Heavybusa, can you and Yamahor come down and help me ?
SHOCKED.gif

(jay21112 @ Nov. 13 2006,11:03)
(Over_Easy @ Nov. 13 2006,08:50) Just curious, but couldn't you find the same allen bolt thread and size at a hardware store (HoPo, Lowes, etc.)?
Don't see why not.
Only problem would be is you have no idea how long you want it to be.
Trial and error would work.
Don't know if anyone measured these....
Couldn't you simply measure the ones you take out and take them w/ you to the store for exact threading?

(dadofthree @ Jan. 10 2007,22:20)
lurk.gif
Doing some appearance mods thanks to Tom in a few weeks, might have to look at this.
beerchug.gif

Heavybusa, can you and Yamahor come down and help me ?
SHOCKED.gif
laugh.gif
Most definetly!!!

i'll give someone $50 if they can get my throttle side bolt out, its pissin me off, i don't wanna have to drill n tap like one guy did

Redkat05.......Did you try IMPACT gun?? If you do not have access to air impact tool......GENTLY CAREFULLY tap head of bolt with brass hammer ,then maybe you have impact drill ( tighten frankin bolt in chuck )and hold tight dont damage bike.(BE CAREFULL)

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 03 2006,23:27) Anyone else hit their knee on one of those getting on/off the bike? It hit right under my kneecap, brought tears to my eyes..............
how tall are you?

impact gun with allen socket you're sayin? And puttin the head of the bolt in the drill wouldn't work cause as I said in a previous post about this; I was using a pipe wrench on it and it turned slightly but the bolt itself wasn't turning, the shaft was twisting and would have broken if I had continued to turn the wrench

i think my next method is gonna be to grind off two sides of the bolt n use a box wrench to get her loose

lol there should be a pinned thread on all methods for removin these PITA bolts

GENTLY hit head a couple of times with BRASS hammer. Try impact gun its the gentle rapping to help free it up.BE CAREFULL not to scratch paint .If you have already TWISTED franken bolt in center and weakend it you are limited or you will snap it in half.

Back