Frame sliders

Ellis

Registered
I'm getting ready to install Lockhart Phillips frame sliders. I hate to cut plastic! They didn't come with a stencil or any suggestions on installation only that it indicated minor modifications were needed. I would appreciate any suggestions. Not a lot of Busa's in my part of the country - only three in my city that I know of so there isn't any local help.

If i was you I would run to the nearest gas station where they sell the cheap lil 5 dollar laser Pointers....That old people love so much...don't ask...anyways gettin off topic already....

1st Step...Mount laser to something hard and sturdy and about 2' high or so...and have it a lil ways away from bike so it will not be desturbed/moved by accident

2nd Step...Take off Side fairing.....Aim laser at motor mount hole below fairing mount hole....Adjust and resecure laser pointer....

3rd Step reinstall side fairing....measure frame slider outer Diameter(OD).....go to walmart/sears/lowes or where ever and pick up a hole saw for drill to match or 1/8 larger so it doesnt rub...

4th step.....take a load off....open a beer or two

5th step...turn on laser pointer...it will show where the frame hole is where the slider will be installed....now put center of drill bit on laser point and voila.....

Repeat for other side and feel good that you may save your fairings one day

John

another option here:  

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143068665 -->

I used a Laser on a tripod on my first bike, But I had the dealer add the sliders before I picked u the bike. It was only $100.00 to install them and if they mess up the fairing $600.00 they have to replace it. Note red dot.

Laser_setup_for_Slidders2.JPG

If i was you I would run to the nearest gas station where they sell the cheap lil 5 dollar laser Pointers....That old people love so much...don't ask...anyways gettin off topic already....

1st Step...Mount laser to something hard and sturdy and about 2' high or so...and have it a lil ways away from bike so it will not be desturbed/moved by accident

2nd Step...Take off Side fairing.....Aim laser at motor mount hole below fairing mount hole....Adjust and resecure laser pointer....

3rd Step reinstall side fairing....measure frame slider outer Diameter(OD).....go to walmart/sears/lowes or where ever and pick up a hole saw for drill to match or 1/8 larger so it doesnt rub...

4th step.....take a load off....open a beer or two

5th step...turn on laser pointer...it will show where the frame hole is where the slider will be installed....now put center of drill bit on laser point and voila.....

Repeat for other side and feel good that you may save your fairings one day

John
make sure no one moves the bike while you get your beer

Thanks for all the input. This last weekend we were hammered with 21.5 inches of snow so I'll have a few days to get this taken care of. I'm also in the middle of installing my XM radio and power commander III USB. Thanks again.:)

Back