Frame Sliders

If I were to buy a set I would prefer a no cut one as I don t like drilling trough expensive fairings having said that I don t know which one cut or no cut would offer more protection in a mishap :thumbsup:

If I were to buy a set I would prefer a no cut one as I don t like drilling trough expensive fairings having said that I don t know which one cut or no cut would offer more protection in a mishap :thumbsup:
I know what you mean

Race rails are good, and the no-cut sliders are too.
The no-cut sliders are on a solid bar that goes through/under the frame.
Even if a slider breaks off(which alot do), it has usually already taken the brunt of the impact.
Rarely do they save your plastic, but can help prevent other minor damage.
Sliders that have to have holes cut aren't the best way, because you don't know if the guy you eventually sell
the bike to wants them...or the holes in the fairings.
Personally, I hate sliders, they remind me of training wheels.
I've also seen a bike with them slide down the road, and have minor damage...until the slider bit the road good, flipped the bike, and tore it all to pieces. Enough cosmetic damage ends up totalling a bike most of the time anyway, just from excessive cost.
Sometimes that's a good thing too.
Pros and cons to everything.

Sixpack you are probably right that they might end up doing more damage if you were to go down and the slider somehow gets caught on a road surface that would possibly do more damage personally I don t have them on my bike either the only advantage I see with these sliders is if you have a mishap while trying to move the bike around the garage or the side stand ect in this case I think it would save some fairing damage ? :thumbsup:

Put the sliders on. They work and can make low speed crashes much less painless. I use T-Rex and I'm on my 3rd set (afterall my name is Fallenarch).

What do you guys prefer cut vs no cut or even the race railz
I have the brand R&G frame sliders on , they are the cut type as they bolt directly to the frame/Engine which gives better protection. Having said that if the crash is bad it really won't make much difference. For me my insurance company gives me a discount for having them on. Cheers Mike

Race rails are good, and the no-cut sliders are too.
The no-cut sliders are on a solid bar that goes through/under the frame.
Even if a slider breaks off(which alot do), it has usually already taken the brunt of the impact.
Rarely do they save your plastic, but can help prevent other minor damage.
Sliders that have to have holes cut aren't the best way, because you don't know if the guy you eventually sell
the bike to wants them...or the holes in the fairings.
Personally, I hate sliders, they remind me of training wheels.
I've also seen a bike with them slide down the road, and have minor damage...until the slider bit the road good, flipped the bike, and tore it all to pieces. Enough cosmetic damage ends up totalling a bike most of the time anyway, just from excessive cost.
Sometimes that's a good thing too.
Pros and cons to everything.
They're good to have on in case some visually challenged wanker backs into your bike

Back