Frame difference between 03 and 04 Hayabusa?

BoostCreep

Registered
I'm looking at my options for sliders and rails. Right now I like the no cut frame sliders for the obvious reason that I don't have to cut the fairings, but I love the idea of the rails for better protection. While I'm looking at rails though, the only ones I can find are Powers Race Railz but they're claiming they work for 04-12 Hayabusa and mine is an 03.

Is there really a difference between the 03 and 04 or is this a misprint?

04-12 Hayabusa Race Railz - Powers Stunt Worx PSW inc.

Thanks!

Edit: By the way, are there any other options for rails?

Probably a misprint, no difference that I'm aware of. If anything you would think they may be different from from 08 up maybe from just different bend because of fairing difference a little. ??? I will admit though the Stunt Worx are nice though, I had them on my 750 and were very sturdy/protective and had a clean look.

99-07 are the same exact frame. The only difference between them and the 08-newer frames is a couple of small holes for mounting the fairings, the frame is threaded for seat bolts instead of the seat, and then all of the 2nd gen frames are black.

for the Gen I guys: an old thread https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/83699-race-railz.html (NOT MY BIKE)

RaceRailz0026.jpg

and for the GEN II owners

97800-race-railz-dsc00745__large_.jpg

99-07 are the same exact frame. The only difference between them and the 08-newer frames is a couple of small holes for mounting the fairings, the frame is threaded for seat bolts instead of the seat, and then all of the 2nd gen frames are black.

When the 2008 came out, Motorcyclist magazine did a Gen 1 to Gen 2 comparison test with all of the bike specs and the Gen 2 frame also had a half of a degree steeper steering rake.

Back