Frame sliders installation

Dude, it looks good. I would definitely do it myself again if/when I have to. I just don't trust the no-cut sliders in a crash-bang...

That was one FUNKY-AZZZ install. Sorry you had to go through that, SPEEDEMON.

Hoop..if you live anywhere near Speedemon, ask him what the name of the shop was and stay far, far, far, FAR away from it.
Believe it or not Pac,I think that was a dealership!
Dealership did mine like that.
mad.gif

mad.gif
Stealership did mine like that too!!
They still swear up and down they put them in the right spot!

<!--EDIT|gstspeedster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145928981 -->

mad.gif

Oh my god! The dealership I bought my bike from put my sliders in the same spots! You mean they are wrong! They told me it was the only place you can put the sliders; they said it was where the frame bolts were on my 05'. I even questioned the job with the shop forman because I was shocked when I saw the job. Where do they go?

Oh my god! The dealership I bought my bike from put my sliders in the same spots! You mean they are wrong! They told me it was the only place you can put the sliders; they said it was where the frame bolts were on my 05'. I even questioned the job with the shop forman because I was shocked when I saw the job. Where do they go?
I have a thread showing my Vortex sliders:

Oh yeah, and I was sweating bullets when I plunged the hole saw into the plastics!

Oh - and if that's where your Dealer put them (in the wrong place), I would DEFINITELY take it back to them and have them fix it! Yes - this means that they will need to order you new plastics!

In order for the sliders to offer protection, they need to be installed properly, otherwise you will probably end up doing MORE damage than not having them.

I feel so f===ck stupid! The dealer will never replace my plastic! They are so cheap that it's pathetic. I feel sick now. Oh my God.

I would definitely go to the dealer again-it's worth a shot. It is THEIR negligence in putting the sliders in the wrong spots.

I installed Vortex sliders myself. Just take your time, I rushed the right side and my center was off. So I had to make the hole a little bigger. No big deal, just go to the auto parts store and get some rubber door trim that is self adhesive to clean up the cut. They come in a variety of colors. My mistake was not putting the Busa on a rear center stand, I used the kickstand. That threw off my center. Watch the left side the hole gets close to the screw. Don't forget allen keys to fit your torque wrench. Good Luck

I went to the dealer and showed pictures of where the frame sliders are supposed to go on my bike. The shop forman looked at the pictures and was very quiet. The sliders were Delron sliders and his excuse was the directions in the package said to put the sliders on the upper frame bolts. That's the excuse. Delron won't do anything about it and the dealership I am sure will try the same. I am going to tell them they can blame anyone they like but they are still in the wrong damn place!

I installed Vortex sliders myself. Just take your time, I rushed the right side and my center was off. So I had to make the hole a little bigger. No big deal, just go to the auto parts store and get some rubber door trim that is self adhesive to clean up the cut. They come in a variety of colors. My mistake was not putting the Busa on a rear center stand, I used the kickstand. That threw off my center. Watch the left side the hole gets close to the screw. Don't forget allen keys to fit your torque wrench. Good Luck
I've got 20-15 vision, but that font color is tough to see.

<span style='color:purple'></span>
crazy.gif
Can you read this better now?

I am waiting still to hear from the dealership on the sliders. Can't they order me just a section of fairing rather than the whole thing?

I do not have any pics yet; will try to get my daughter to show me how to put them on the site so you can see the fabulous job!
tounge.gif

crazy.gif
Hope you didn't think I was commenting on your font color, bikermom? It wasn't yours that was tough to see.

crazy.gif
Hope you didn't think I was commenting on your font color, bikermom? It wasn't yours that was tough to see.
That's o.k.; thought you were though! Your bikes are truely awesome. You should be proud. Did you do the work yourself, or have a shop do it? I am currently in the delemma of my frame sliders being in the wrong place.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Don't know what I'm going to do.

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

That was one FUNKY-AZZZ install. Sorry you had to go through that, SPEEDEMON.

Hoop..if you live anywhere near Speedemon, ask him what the name of the shop was and stay far, far, far, FAR away from it.
Believe it or not Pac,I think that was a dealership!
Dealership did mine like that.
mad.gif

mad.gif
What brand of sliders did the dealership install? My dealeship installed mine the same way and they were Delrin sliders. I contacted Delrin and they sent me the installion instructions which tells to put the sliders on the upper engine frame bolts. They wanted to know why I was asking for the instructions if the sliders were already put on. I need to find out if other companies give the same installion instructions as Delrin.

mad.gif

Sorry to hear about this! I always find it amazing that a motorcycle dealership knows very little about some of the aftermarket products for the bikes they sell. Hope they correct their mistake.

Back