Drill bit for frame slider install

Last pic was the close up of the hole after a little trimming ... no chips ... we undid the pinch bolt you can see in the bottom of the engine mount hole ... it shows green - it pinches the collar and main bolt ... torque was 22.5 I believe but check ... 6 mm hex. The main bolts are 8 mm hex with 41-42 ft lbs ...

wedding_043__Small_.jpg

Ok .. pic above with the slider base in the whole ... torqued, then the "puck" on top - no torque setting there but the instructions said "grease the threads" - used Suzuki super grease ... note the very close tolerance with 1 3/4 hole saw ... you can dremel it out a bit - it is VERY soft plastic so take it easy ... real easy - much softer than a fingernail if you get my drift ... you just "touch" the plastic and it will dremel away on the slowest dremel speed ...

wedding_044__Small_.jpg

Note how in the pic above the puck and base are visible ... topic of a whole other thread here. The long bolt goes in the RH mount ... I was told because of the cyliner or collar only on the right side of the beautius busa ... oh if you put the long bolt in the LH side it will not go or thread all the way as the hole is not deep enough!!

wedding_045__Small_.jpg

The pic above is on the LEFT side of the bike ... see the laser still on in the hole? NOTE - there is medium density foam on the left side under the fairing ... we JUST DRILLED THROUGH IT .. and then trimmed it with a sharp blade ... easy. Also note how close the fairing 4 mm mounting bold is to the 1 3/4 hole!! Don't know how they do it with a 2 inch hole saw??!!

wedding_047__Small_.jpg

Pic above shows the vortex base in the hole ... pretty close tolerances! I was concerned that I couldn't get the plastics off without taking the sliders off ..... so we tried and it was pretty simple - it actually sort of supports it - so we left it ... basically the plastics touch the slider all around the hole. IF SOMEONE KNOWS THIS IS A BAD THING PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Rode it today and it seemed to work fine as you actually move the fairing around with light to moderate pressure .. so will it break? Dunno ... like the little hole though (grin).

wedding_049__Small_.jpg

Last pic above. Note how much farther in the "bike" the LH side is ...
That's it ... hope it helps ... I know this site has helped me ... Thanks. Deadeye
tounge.gif

Great stuff Deadeye. Went out and got a little kick-ass level laser that comes w/ a tripod for only $5.00+ at where else, Harbor Freight. Mad ein China of course.

Also bought a 2" hole saw bit with the "carbide grit" cutting edge made for cutting materials like fiberglass...the ones with jagged teeth are made for metal and wood.

Also got some windscreen trim sent to me by ToyKraze after commenting on his bike...hooked me up.

Going w/ the 2" due to the use of the windscreen trim finish and if you have to put her down there's a chance the bolts will slightly bend - they're made to do this - and if so I want to provide a little room (1/8" around) so it won't hit the plastics.

I'll post some pics after completing the job. Sickness coming on thanks to the wife.

Is one bolt larger than the other? Got these in today was planning to install after the Texas meet -n- Greet "sometime" but now i see that my bolts are the same size...What up ? Will this work? Or am i now in the market for another bolt?,,lol.
SHOCKED.gif

post_3_91337_slider__Small_.jpg

Back