Frame Sliders.....Help!!!!

Busa04

Registered
I was wondering if there were any alternatives to installing frame sliders without cutting the panels, i have a '04 and i am not too crazy about cutting my panels. I saw a ebay ad that advertised no cut frame sliders using that one screw hole thats is visible on the panels on the busa. Any help? comments? etc? thanks Joey

The tiny fairing bolt used on the magic shrooms tends to snap off in just a tip over. The body of the shroom then ends up busting the fairing panel.
In other words they don't even give you the choice of just repainting a panel.

Go to the general topic forum and look for the post titled "Just dropped my beautiful Busa..."

Towards the end I mentioned the sliders I ordered late last week and show a small pic.
Right now that's the only choice I know of.

Did the same search and had the same dilemma concerning my bike. Think we all have. Wasn't able to find anything that could be mounted without cutting the plastics and wound up ordering the LP CF frame sliders and let them sit at my house for a couple months trying to build up the nerve to cut my plastics. Saw what a few other people had done and realized I could do it myself and did. You just have to be extremely careful when doing it.

To mount sliders that will protect your bike in a crash or just a tip over you are going to have to cut holes. A stock Busa weighs over 550lbs wet, the sliders that mount to the fairing bolt holes just are not strong enough.

Back