Frame polishing

BRUDEH

Registered
On the 04 BUSA on the ruffed up part of the frame, can it be buffed out and polished? Is it hard to do?

why yes it does... took me total time of 100 or so hours for the frame.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "fix smile"|1084995574 -->

Hell even the smoother peive took alot of time to do....the coating over the frame was hell to get off. If I would have known what it would take, I wouldn't have done it.....

Very clean nice bike Busa Bro. I guess if you're RICK JAMES you could do anything.

Would someone please give the process, grit sand papers, etc. Could I use an orbital sander or something along those lines.

Brudeh Welcome, where are you in Chesterfield i live near Brandermill. Also if you doi a search there is a great step by step polishing process. I couldn't find it. Good luck!!

It can be polished, somewhere is a step by step process already on the board. By you can buy a paint remover at autozone that will remove the top coat of the frame coating, which makes it a lot easier. Start with a 400 grit sand paper and work up from there. Some finish off with a 600. I worked up to a 1500 and 2000. Then go to home depot or lowes and get the red and white rouge to buff the frame with. Use the red first it will fill in some off the rough scratches. Then the white to bring out the shine. Thats the down and dirty. Other than that its just a lot of elbow grease and buff buff buff. Then use a chrome polish for that lil extra bling, finish it off with a coat of wax and the shine will last longer.

I usually rebuff mine once or twice a year over the winter or before bike week. Just to keep the bling blinging!

The rough sand cast part on the frame u 'll need to go buy u a Black and Decker Mouse sander. The mouse kit comes with 180 to 400 grit or so. Just sand from 180 grit and work your way up to 2000 and apply some Mothers polish afterward. As for the the amout of time it takes to polish the frame....most people exagerate. It took me and a friend about 16 hours ( 1 of each side of the frame ). I forgot to mention...no need for the aircraft stipper or oven cleans. It just make a big mess. All sanding my friend.

Back