Found two things out today

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
As I was riding with the family (van) yesterday I noticed about 10-15 sport bikes leaving a sideroad just south of Micanopy (Fl).

Went out on the Busa today and took the sideroad and what did I see? A freshly paved closed road (one in and out only) in a 1 mile twisty race course of a loop.  
super.gif
 Sweet

It's going to be a devolopement but there's no houses or anything yet.

The second thing I found out today is...my first time in some twisties...I'm no knee dragger...yet  
tounge.gif

After a dozen or so laps I headed home and passed out 8 sport bikes going the other way...where do you think they were going  
ices_rofl.gif

I'll bring the camera next time I go

I'm spoiled, living in the middle of a couple mountain ranges. The Blue Ridge Parkway is my backyard.

(Justyntym @ Oct. 08 2006,09:46) As I was riding with the family (van) yesterday I noticed about 10-15 sport bikes leaving a sideroad just south of Micanopy (Fl).

Went out on the Busa today and took the sideroad and what did I see? A freshly paved closed road (one in and out only) in a 1 mile twisty race course of a loop.  
super.gif
 Sweet

It's going to be a devolopement but there's no houses or anything yet.

The second thing I found out today is...my first time in some twisties...I'm no knee dragger...yet  
tounge.gif

After a dozen or so laps I headed home and passed out 8 sport bikes going the other way...where do you think they were going  
ices_rofl.gif

I'll bring the camera next time I go
I know where "micanopy" is at....the land of "we bare all"
laugh.gif

and it's a shame that that's basically how some folks identify the area as just beyond the exit of sin?..is a very sweet town with one hell of a great quaint small restaurant/sidewalk caf'e....and is the southwest tip of a loop i've been known to run up towards the melrose area....out in horse country....nothing but rolling green fields and miles upon miles of barbed wire fence posts and kick azz sweepers.
biggrin.gif

I need to get up that way again...soon..and maybe even hit the "We Bare All" joint!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Well hopefully my exhaust will come this week. If that's case, next weekend will be taken on installation.

If not, I'll run up there again. Maybe I'll hang around and get some pics of some of the guys that ride it a lot.

Did talk to one guy,  there is a house "close" to the "track" and he said that the people call the po po when it starts getting noisy. I can imagine 10-15 sport bikes with aftermarket exhaust running a 100 yards from your house on a Sunday morning  
tounge.gif

My guess is this place will have a short lifespan.

hey there....PM the locale of this aleged 'twisty' environment .... a few of us are always looking for some new places to ride.....and we always wind up way north of there anyways.
lurk.gif

Back