Almost bought an '03 Busa today....

Champion Cycle in Chicago has the 2002 Brand new for 8899.00 and 2003's for 9299.  check their website.  they have a link to their showroom on www.cycletrader.com .  Might be worth the trip.
I didn't get that good of a price.....here's the quote I received today..

"Don I can get you rockin on your new 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa for a total out the door price of $9,799.00. You will pay sales tax once you regster the bike in your home state. We will give you a drive off tag that is good for so many days."....

Are the prices posted on cycletrader better? Who do ya gotta know to get the "less than cost" price?...lol

First, Welcome Houston Rider and Ooomy1 to the club!

Haggle? I don't haggle, I told my dealer, Look, let's cut to the chase, you've got to make a reasonable profit on this bike, what's the lowest you can go so I can have the bike and you can make money too? Let him know you can get the bike cheaper somewhere else and be ready to walk if you don't like his price. If he knows you have cash, I doubt he'll let you walk.

how bout Hawaii?

btw, Welcome. Im the boards resident smart a$$. if you need a comment or something along those lines, look me up.
laugh.gif

A little message for the future Busa buyer's.
My friend and I bought 2 03 Busa's from Feeder Express in Ontario Canada. We saved $2200.00 each. We were on the road last week for $9554.00
If you want to save some serious cash on a new Busa then go to ebay and look up 03 Busa. The guys number is in his listing and call him and talk about it. You don't have to buy it off ebay he will do it on the side.
Good luck
Wayne
League City Tx.

My friend and I bought 2 03 Busa's from Feeder Express in Ontario Canada. We saved $2200.00 each. We were on the road last week for $9554.00
If you want to save some serious cash on a new Busa then go to ebay and look up 03 Busa.  The guys number is in his listing and call him and talk about it.  You don't have to buy it off ebay he will do it on the side.
Good luck
Wayne
League City Tx.
Wayne: Those are the unrestricted Busas too, right?

If you want to save some serious cash on a new Busa then go to ebay and look up 03 Busa.  The guys number is in his listing and call him and talk about it.  You don't have to buy it off ebay he will do it on the side.
Good luck
Wayne
League City Tx.
I saw them on Ebay. How was that handled? how were they shipped to you (ready to ride, still in Suzuki crate)? How long did I take from the time you paid the $$$...Any registration issues?

I'm just trying to get a good feel for a Canadian transaction of over $9k....(I've done small ones)...

oh...are they unrestricted? that could be a plus.

Good luck
Wayne
League City Tx.
I saw them on Ebay. How was that handled? how were they shipped to you (ready to ride, still in Suzuki crate)? How long did I take from the time you paid the $$$...Any registration issues?

I'm just trying to get a good feel for a Canadian transaction of over $9k....(I've done small ones)...

HR: A friend of mine did this. The Canadien dealer sent the bikes to a dealer in Detriot. My friend picked the bike up there.

Good luck
Wayne
League City Tx.

HR:  A friend of mine did this.  The Canadien dealer sent the bikes to a dealer in Detriot.  My friend picked the bike up there.
Your buddy did it through someone else then. This distributer ship's the bikes on Yellow Freight. You have to pick it up at the Yellow Freight dealer in your area.
Wayne

Good luck
Wayne
League City Tx.

HR:  A friend of mine did this.  The Canadien dealer sent the bikes to a dealer in Detriot.  My friend picked the bike up there.
It went great and I would reccomend it to everyone. It took 4 days to get the bikes (2 of them). He charged us $9300.00 plus $200.00 (per bike) for prep and shipping. (Shipping depends on your location from Detroit). He takes the box off the original Suzuki crate and preps it in the crate. Puts the box back over the crate and ships it to you. I had to install the mirrors, windscreen, clutch and brake levers, bar ends, and the lower aft fairing (just in front of the rear tire). Put gas in the tank and I was riding. Battery charged, all fluids (except gas) were in the bike.
Call Dan and find out for yourself.
Wayne

Good luck
Wayne
League City Tx.
Wayne:  Those are the unrestricted Busas too, right?
No. There are only 3 models that Suzuki ship's anywhere in the world.
1. Calif. emissions model
2. French model (limited to 100bhp)
3. All others in the world.

Who do ya gotta know to get the "less than cost" price?...lol
How far are you willing to travel?
depends on the price. If I can get one here for $9700 + tax, I'm not gonna go to Alaska to save $500....you know.....

Whatcha got?
No. He would probably sell it for that price. In CT. That is a good deal if you get it out the door plus tax, title, reg

Back