Found my exhaust leak(s)...

BT what is the sorta splatter stuff in the top right of your pic?
also what color is the inside of the exhaust tip? just wondering if they all are abit on the rich side, i read a few posts that some were abit rich, I installed my Gen3 this weekend but not completely finished yet
That is welding splatter from where the spring hook loops are welded onto the can end cap.
wink.gif

And yes, I think it runs just a tad rich down low. Gives just a hint of a puff of black smoke if you blip the throttle from dead idle. Seems to be common for Brock maps to run just a hint rich according to what I've seen posted by others and my experience with mine.
wink.gif

Oh yeah, the inside of the exhaust tip has a super thin, light to medium greyish color residue. No black soot.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081215517 -->

wink.gif

Bt can you get a pic from abit further back so i can see the midpipe connection to the can?
still close enough to see detail

is that pic with your s400?

you know what it sounds like BT.....replacement or refund.

Thats what it sounds like to me.

Lets see if lee hindle will stand up an' be counted....

or in this case, be counted on .

hav a quiet 1.......Rubbah'

Bt can you get a pic from abit further back so i can see the midpipe connection to the can?
still close enough to see detail

is that pic with your s400?
Pic was made with my Canon D60 Digital SLR. The S400 is dead... Got half dropped, half thrown down on concrete. Still fires up but the lens must be off track. It won't extend.
mad.gif

I could snap ya a shot of the end of the can but it's not on the bike right now. Is that what you want or do you want a shot of the can connected to the midpipe? I've pulled it back off so I can pull the rest of the pipes and seal the slip fit joints with Ultra Copper sealant like I should have done from the start.
wink.gif

you know what it sounds like BT.....replacement or refund.

Thats what it sounds like to me.

Lets see if lee hindle will stand up an' be counted....

or in this case, be counted on .

hav a quiet 1.......Rubbah'
Actually, bro, I think it's on Brock Davidson's shoulders since it's a Brock system. He may get covered by Hindle on it but if I get anything it'll most likely come from Brock Performance.
wink.gif

hey...I just noticed: I have almost as many PPD as you, BT! And it's not all from whorin'!

Right?
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, I meant to update things. I've been in touch with Tom (Veltune) and he's gonna get with Brock in the morning. He said he'd let me know something ASAP. I can't say enough good things about Tom. This is the first problem I've had with anything I've bought from him but so far I have to say that he is just as professional in handlin' problems after the sale as he is at conductin' the original transaction. I feel sure that I'll come out ok on this. Tom's just too classy to let it turn out any other way.
super.gif

I just didnt notice any weld splatter on mine but maybe i just didnt see it

Im looking to get a new digital camera thats why i was asking looking for a 10x zoom i think
Canon PowerShot S1 IS or Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom. any recomendations?
I also have a Nikon N80

Im looking to get a new digital camera thats why i was asking looking for a 10x zoom i think
I also have a Nikon N80
I didn't notice the weld spatter either until I took this photo. I'm tellin' ya, that lens is SHARP! There's been lots of times when I'd take a macro of somethin' and see crap on it that I didn't see with my naked eye. When I do close-ups with this lens, whatever I'm shootin' can't even have a speck of dust on it or it'll show up and look like a rock!
wink.gif

I like the S400 for snapshooting and general purpose shots. The D60 takes better photos but it's cumbersome to carry around. It's basically a 35mm SLR with digital guts. Gets old haulin' a big bag around with my lenses, flash and other garb.

WWJD just got an S500. I wish I had the money to replace my busted S400 with one of those. Just can't afford it right now. I'll either get another S400 or an S500 when funds allow it. I love Canon's digital line-up. Haven't looked at the S1 yet but if it's like Canon's other digital cameras it should be a winner.
wink.gif

wink.gif

I also have a Nikon N80
Ok, man, I just took the time to look at the S1 on Canon's site and I gotta say that I'm droolin'!!!
drooling3.gif
It'll be bigger than the S400 of course but the 10X zoom would be AWESOME!
super.gif
My only niggle about the S400 is that it doesn't have enough zoom for some of the types of shootin' I like to do. I've gotta start savin' my pennies to get me a new S1 now.
biggrin.gif

Check out the sample pics on Canon's site. One thing that sticks out to me is how it seems to handle specular highlights (blown out white areas where light reflects off of the wooden ducks head and the dog's nose). No apparent chromatic aberrations there! That's where most digital cameras fail miserably. Looks like lots of good detail and tonal separation in the sample images as well. I'm really, REALLY wantin' one of those things to take on rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea i got it down to eighter the s1 or the c-750 olympus the canon has Image Stabilizer that would be nice with the 10x zoom

yea i got it down to eighter the s1 or the c-750 olympus the canon has Image Stabilizer that would be nice with the 10x zoom
The IS is all but a MUST with 10X zoom. Any camera shake at that zoom level will blur the pics like crazy. Canon's IS is great. I had some of their high dollar IS zooms for the D60 but didn't use them often enough to justify the investment. I sold them and paid for half the busa up front.
wink.gif

I may sell a gun or two this week so I can go ahead and order me an S1. I think it's just what I've been waitin' for in a digicam. If I get one I'll let ya know how it works out.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Not to blow my own horn (or can?) but the very problem you are having with your can (and other brands) is the very reason why Micron builds cans differently than any other maker. Their can sleeves are not structural members nor are they rivetted or bolted in any way - so as to prevent leaks and cracks. You see they make the sleeve loose and it is sealed with high temp rubber gaskets to the end caps - which are bolted to the cores not the sleeves. The sleeve basically floats between the end caps and is sealed by gaskets at the ends. They also use internal heat shields - the can never gets very hot to the touch. End result is a supperior can construction accross the board.

Heck, if you look at most cans it seems obvious that they would all leak a little bit (except for Micron - he he). It is sealed up like Fort Knox.

Hindle will take care of ya I hope. Good stuff - I am just poking fun mostly.

Just got off the phone with Brian at Brock Performance. I'm sending him the defective can and should have my replacement can on Friday. I'll update this when the new can arrives.

Whew! Thought I was gonna be down for this weekend. Haven't been able to ride in WEEKS. I'm off fri-sat-sun and was plannin' on rollin' on some miles. Looks like I'll get to roll after all.
blues.gif

I also have to give big props to Tom at www.veltune.com. I emailed him last night late about this and got a quick response. He was on it first thing this mornin' makin' calls to Brock Performance to try and get a resolution. He got me hooked up with Brian and things were ironed out.

Tom's actions and his emails make it apparent that he cares just as much after he gets your money as he does before he's got it in hand. If you buy from Tom, you'll be taken care of, plain and simple. I swear I can't think of enough good things to say about Tom and the way he does business. In the age of businesses that don't give a flyin' poop whether you the customer are happy or not Tom and Veltune R&D stands out and SHINES!

Thanks for all you do Tom! I want you to know that your efforts and ethics are recognized and truly appreciated!
super.gif

BT,

That great news and you're right ... customer service is everything. Are you going to send your new can off again to be polished or are you going to do it yourself?

DJ

It's good to know about the good guys out there......good on them for makin' everything right.....Have a safe ride, BT!!

BT,

That great news and you're right ... customer service is everything.  Are you going to send your new can off again to be polished or are you going to do it yourself?

DJ
They're sendin' a new polished Ti can. Tom @ Veltune polishes cans for BDE and they had one in stock so no worries about gettin' it done. Should be just as sweet as my original polished can when it arrives.
super.gif

Back