Found my exhaust leak(s)...

It's good to know about the good guys out there......good on them for makin' everything right.....Have a safe ride, BT!!
Yeah, I really didn't have any doubts since I was dealing with Veltune and Brock Performance. Both have stellar tracks records when it comes to customer service. It's always a pain to have a problem with something but dealin' with top notch people who are willing to take care of things makes havin' problems seem not so bad.
wink.gif

As for the safe ride, I'm almost afraid to go... WAY too many riders goin' down lately. I love ridin' so I gotta do it, but it sure makes ya think don't it?
rock.gif

BT,

That great news and you're right ... customer service is everything.  Are you going to send your new can off again to be polished or are you going to do it yourself?

DJ
They're sendin' a new polished Ti can. Tom @ Veltune polishes cans for BDE and they had one in stock so no worries about gettin' it done. Should be just as sweet as my original polished can when it arrives.
super.gif
Awesome !! That is doubly sweet ... can't beat that kind of service.

DJ

BT,

That great news and you're right ... customer service is everything.  Are you going to send your new can off again to be polished or are you going to do it yourself?

DJ
They're sendin' a new polished Ti can. Tom @ Veltune polishes cans for BDE and they had one in stock so no worries about gettin' it done. Should be just as sweet as my original polished can when it arrives.
super.gif
Awesome !! That is doubly sweet ... can't beat that kind of service.

DJ
Yeah, as long as it gets here by Friday so I can ride on my off weekend I'm happy.
biggrin.gif

Glad to see everything's getting taken care of BT! Good guys you're working with...
cool.gif

BT,

Just made it to this thresd. Sorry for the problems, really, really glad I don't have to return the cans!
blush.gif

And yep! The stockers are no leakers.
laugh.gif

BT,

Just made it to this thresd.  Sorry for the problems, really, really glad I don't have to return the cans!
blush.gif

laugh.gif
Nah, you'd be able to keep 'em.
laugh.gif
I had already decided that if I couldn't get taken care of, worst case would be puttin the stock headers and mids back on and gettin' a set of aftermarket bolt-on cans... I was certain it wouldn't come to that but I had already given it some thought just in case.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Glad it all worked out for ya. That is the same setup, I am running now but, it is still in the garage being worked on. Soon, Man, Soon!

Glad it all worked out for ya. That is the same setup, I am running now but, it is still in the garage being worked on. Soon, Man, Soon!

BT,

Just made it to this thresd.  Sorry for the problems, really, really glad I don't have to return the cans!
blush.gif

laugh.gif
Nah, you'd be able to keep 'em.
laugh.gif
I had already decided that if I couldn't get taken care of, worst case would be puttin the stock headers and mids back on and gettin' a set of aftermarket bolt-on cans... I was certain it wouldn't come to that but I had already given it some thought just in case.
wink.gif
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

You da man!

Ha ha I get it BT is "Da Man"

Boy am I slo
blush.gif

laugh.gif

blush.gif

Glad I read this thread, convinced me NOT to get the Hindle!  I'll go with the Yosh Instead.
That's ok, those of us who do go with a BDE Hindle will wait for you at the timing booth or the stop signs. You can tell us how it sounds from behind...
laugh.gif

Seriously though, it's your choice but I'd still go with a Brock Hindle over anything else if I had it to do again. Got my replacement today. Wasn't due in until tomorrow. Brock stepped to the plate and handled the problem without any hassle. I somehow doubt you'd get the personal level of service from Yosh that I got from Brock if you had a problem with a Yosh system.

FWIW, Mine is the first problem I've seen/heard of with Brock's systems. If it were common you'd see everyone posting about it. All products will have the occasional defect. It's how the defect is handled that counts. Brock's customer service has proven to be EXCELLENT as far as I'm concerned.

Glad I read this thread, convinced me NOT to get the Hindle!  I'll go with the Yosh Instead.
Sometimes you may come across a bad piece in production. You shouldn't let this affect your decision. The fact that Brock stands behind his work should be reason enough to buy one not to mention Busa's make the most Hp with the BDE Hindle due to the largest header tubes available on a street pipe configuration. Track/dyno proven.

It would be very easy for a munufacturer NOT to cover a problem such as this because most of these pipes are refered to as "race only".

Yoshi does not make pipes like the one's it used to make. I have noticed a great decrease in quality and price trough the years. I could almost bet they would've turned a problem like BT's away. Guess you get what you pay for.

Hope you got the new can installed today, so you can ride tomorrow (Saturday)!

Gotta help Dad with some stuff today. Might get in an evening ride if we get done in time. Otherwise tomorrow (Sun) will be my only chance to ride this weekend. I had planned to make a day of it today and maye ride up to Blue Ridge and hit the mountains. Didn't know Dad needed help until late yesterday afternoon. Gotta cover family before ridin'. I was heart broken over my ridin' plans when he mentioned it but he's damned sure worth it!
biggrin.gif

Got the replacement can installed tonight. No more problems. She's good to go again. No leak and no rattle, just them sweet tunes that pour from that beautiful BDE/Hindle pipe.
super.gif

Got all the plastics back on and buttoned down and she's ready to roll tomorrow. I plan to get my ride on tomorrow. She needs cleaned up but I have decided to ride tomorrow and wash later. Can you believe that?
rock.gif
eek2.gif
I'm goin' into withrdawals. Haven't felt real horsepower and torque in way too long! Dirt be damned, we're goin' ridin'.
beerchug.gif

Feels good to have her ready to ride again I'm sure! Still trying to finish up some winter mods before she will be really ready! Next weekend it's on!

Back