Found a leak!

papi_ocho

Registered
Started tearing down to
Replace sprockets and chain later this week.

Found this. Looks like the clutch shaft!

What can I do about it?

Sent from my super-duper wack tmobile device using tapatalk.

uploadfromtaptalk1318296452721.jpg

There is nothing wrong, its chain lube and road grime!

Mine looked worse than that before I switched to DuPont chain lube. Pick up some kerosene and get it cleaned up real nice.

Looks like the pickup ring for the speedo is gone or broken.

Does anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like? My speedo is working fine.

I'll buy road grime this time. I'll get it cleaned up and see what happens. I've been using dupont lately(6 to 9 months) used maxima and a red/sliver can for the last 2yrs/13k miles.

Man, that really doesn't look as bad as I have seen... give her a good cleaning... and get back out there!

Looks like the pickup ring for the speedo is gone or broken.

Does anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like? My speedo is working fine.

Don't worry - it's there. In the pic, it's hard to see, but it's the outer nut on the counter sprocket shaft...looks like a square; has the 4 points on it. The speed sensor senses how fast that nut/shaft is spinning...

I see no problems in there other than it is dirty, but that is common.

Nothing wrong with the speedo sensor.

And if the seal the pushrod goes through is leaking, you have to split the cases to replace it. It is pressed in from the inside.

Well justin hooked it up with chain sprockets and spark plugs. Just waiting on them to ship and I will be back in business.

Planning on riding SanDiego to El Paso and back in a few weeks. So I'm going over everything so there are no mishaps.

Ohh 2 more things:
1: the speedo castle is there, I checked.

B: can anyone tell me what size the nut is for the front sprocket?

the nut is 32mm and as tight as a tight thing lol if you need to know a nut size just measure across the flats and that's the size !!

i had a leak from the waterpump inner seal and the oil comes out the little hole under the pump but yours is just chain grunge as said.

Back