Found a guy who paints inner panels stock

Mattzgixxer

Registered
Hey guys and gals gotta fella here who takes your busa inner panels ( the rough, black gaudy looking plastic that goes over your intake and around your dash for all you fellow new guys ) and paints them your stock colors ( and maybe even custom colors if you havent had them done yet ) he also puts a nice clear coat over to match your right and left cowlings and tank and makes it nice and smooth and it gives your bike a very clean look.

Now I am new so dont laugh at me if this is old news but not only am I showing other new guys but I am also asking you other guys if you worked with him before. he is in miami and here is his sight

www.raceready.us

nice huh? now basically I would like to know if anyone has worked with him and if they could give me some feed back on his work and if they have pics!

thanx

matt

He did mine last year and they have held up well after being removed and reinstalled multiple times without any paint peel or flaking.

Those look nice, WarBaby! I have definitely thought about having that done and the price seems pretty reasonable. If his customer service is as good as the quality of the product and the price I think I have just added something to my mods list because I'm not like Rhythm and some of the other folks here and have the skillz to do something like that!
biggrin.gif

I have read a couple of complaints about Race Ready and I have a small paint line mismatch that I just live with for now. You can barely see it in the photo above (in the lower left corner where the darker paint line on the inner panel merges with the dark on the left fairing. I'm sure he would have corrected it for free but I didn't want anymore down time just then. Maybe this winter I'll get him to match it better. Otherwise, he seemed like a pretty good guy to me.

I plan to give him a call and talk to him about availability and the like, so hopefully he will be as good as you say WarBaby. Not sure if he has changed his policy, but it appears there should be no downtime.

i talked to him the other day he says that he will call you when he his for it and that will keep the bike on the road a lot longer.

Just got off the phone with William and he says to expect 2 to 4 weeks for just painting the inners ($139 w/ exchange; $259 outright) or 4 to 6 weeks for smoothing, painting, clear coat, etc. ($269 w/ exchange; $389 outright). He will call and let you know when they are ready, but right now he has 2 sets that he is working on. Seemed like a decent guy, but I do wish I had Rhythm's skills!

BigBSBusa Posted on Aug. 14 2004,00:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got off the phone with William and he says to expect 2 to 4 weeks for just painting the inners ($139 w/ exchange; $259 outright) or 4 to 6 weeks for smoothing, painting, clear coat, etc. ($269 w/ exchange; $389 outright).  He will call and let you know when they are ready, but right now he has 2 sets that he is working on.  Seemed like a decent guy, but I do wish I had Rhythm's skills! [/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind words Pimp, actually the hardest part of the process of painting the inners or tackling any another foriegn project is having the materials and confidence to actually do it. Hopefully with some researching this will make the project a not so challenging and successfull money saver.  Also a good "insurance" to  help keep the nerves steady and not blow any fuses upstairs while trying something new on the bike, you should be willing to purchase another part if you screw it up.

If you decide to take on the challenge BigBSBusa just Holla Playa I got your back.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092442308 -->

DSC01600.JPG

Looks great Rhythm...! Nice work. I should have tried your approach (I just didn't have the time then)...I still might although I dread the sanding.
tounge.gif

BigBSBusa Posted on Aug. 14 2004,00:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got off the phone with William and he says to expect 2 to 4 weeks for just painting the inners ($139 w/ exchange; $259 outright) or 4 to 6 weeks for smoothing, painting, clear coat, etc. ($269 w/ exchange; $389 outright).  He will call and let you know when they are ready, but right now he has 2 sets that he is working on.  Seemed like a decent guy, but I do wish I had Rhythm's skills!

Thank you for the kind words Pimp, actually the hardest part of the process of painting the inners or tackling any another foriegn project is having the materials and confidence to actually do it. Hopefully with some researching this will make the project a not so challenging and successfull money saver.  Also a good "insurance" to  help keep the nerves steady and not blow any fuses upstairs while trying something new on the bike, you should be willing to purchase another part if you screw it up.

If you decide to take on the challenge BigBSBusa just Holla Playa I got your back.[/QUOTE]
And I'd come to you in a hearbeat, bro', but it would cost me more (at least initially) on equipment to do it right. I will hit 'ya up on the stereo/speaker install once I'm ready. That I would enjoy doing! Any other ideas 'ya got for a playa'?

WarBaby
Professional Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.35

Looks great Rhythm...! Nice work. I should have tried your approach (I just didn't have the time then)...I still might although I dread the sanding.  [/QUOTE]

I feel you absolutely on the time matter and "sanding"
laugh.gif
, somtimes its just not enconomically feasible.

I used 80 grit paper to start the sanding process on one side, and on the other side I  (suggested from DaTrain) used 120 paper using a profile sander which made it alot easy on the fingers and less scratched to level out.

Holla

And I'd come to you in a hearbeat, bro', but it would cost me more (at least initially) on equipment to do it right.  I will hit 'ya up on the stereo/speaker install once I'm ready.  That I would enjoy doing!  Any other ideas 'ya got for a playa'? [/QUOTE]

Buying hand tools and pwr tools is a good investment a person can could do, and is a better choice than upgrading your computer if your a DIY person. My compressor cost me only $349 and was originally bought to update my floor trim (toeboards) and stair railing  in my home. This type of compressor would have been over kill just for this one time project but being  a do it your self person (broke down Pimp) that I am I never have regretted the purchase.

Holla

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092521989 -->

DSC01714.JPG

I have his panels on my 40th Anniversary Edition. I bought them outright so I'd have the stock ones in case I didn't care for the look of the painted ones. I do like them but the color is a shade off or at least appears to be - perhaps the textured finish of the inners is causing that.

I was originally concerned about glare from them but haven't experienced that at all. Now I'd like to send them to someone whom I would pay to smooth and colorcoat them for me. Any takers?

Ed

I got my Inners painted by Chris Espree...referred to be by BACHARLES. He does them like Nick used to do...meanning he sands down the texture so that it is smooth just like the plastic. It turned out great. I don't have his contact info on me, but hit up BACHARLES.

This is my second set of painted inners. The first guy who did them was nice enough , but I think he was still on a learning curve. Hopefully, he has improved his process. Some of you will find out.

wow.gif

IF THEY ARE CHARGING 200 DOLLARS FOR PAINTING INNERS THEN I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO START PAINTING THEM FOR A CHEAPER PRICE, I HAVE BEEN PAINTING CARS FOR ABOUT 4-5 YEARS ON AND OFF AND I DO TONS OF CUSTOM JOBS, INCLUDING FIBERGLASS, CUSTOM PAINT, AND MAY DIFFERENT IDEAS. I MEAN IM GETTING READY TO STRIP MY BIKE DOWN THIS WINTER AND IT WILL HAVE ABOUT 400 HOURS WORTH OF AIRBRUSHING ON IT (HOPEFULLY IF TIME AND $$$$ COMES TOGETHER RIGHT). AND I WILL BE ACTUALLY ADDING FIBERGLASS TO MY INNERS TO MAKE THEM STRONGER AND MORE LESS LIKELY TO FLAKE OR BREAK AND LAST ABOUT AS LONG AS A REG. CAR FACTORY PAINT JOB WOULD. IF NOT LONGER. IF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW I CAN GET A COUPLE DONE FOR A PRETTY GOOD PRICE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT GOES AND I WILL START FROM THERE IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS THEY CAME EMAIL ME AT BAGGEDN20SCHEVY@AOL.COM!!! MY NAME IS PHAT JIMMY OR JAMES JUST HOLLER AT ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE DONE...

wheelie.gif

My hubby bought me a set of painted inners from RaceReady for Christmas. He said the customer service was very impressive. It takes A LOT to impress him, so hearing that while he's buying "jap crap" (as he calls it) certainly says a lot.
laugh.gif

The inners look awesome! I can't wait to get 'em on...now, I'll admit Rhythm's look real good...if only he could hop on over my way and fix mine up like that!
tounge.gif

Dont know if its the same guy but one of the local guys here said when the guy first started doing them he would by inners from him, but had to stop becasue customers kept comin back complaining about chipin. Apparently he wasnt putin some kind of flex crap in teh paint. Dont know if its the same guy or maybe he fixed the prob but heads up anyway

Panels look nice there rhythm. Oh yeah i finsihed my wheel.

Back