Who has painted inner panels

Smoke_Dog

Registered
O.K. guys and girls,
Who has the 03 Orange busa with the inner panels painted? Can't make up my mind if I want to paint mine or not!

warbrown's previous Busa was an '03 anniversary with painted inners...

PM him and see how he liked 'em, where he had 'em done...he sold that Busa and owns a turbo one now
smile.gif

Dog,

Currently have a set of painted / smooth on order at www.RaceReady.us. These are the guys who did Pashnit's and several others. Mine are curing as we speak. Should be on the Busa by Monday, or Tuesday of next week.
super.gif

Yeah, mine were done by raceready too; no complaints but I've heard both good and bad, just to be fair...

I love mine though, and the guy was great to work with...
smile.gif

Smooth them out and paint them black. The orange needs some contrast and will look quite sophisticated with gloss black inners.

(Narcissus @ Feb. 14 2007,16:04) Smooth them out and paint them black. The orange needs some contrast and will look quite sophisticated with gloss black inners.
That would look great too...
cool.gif

(Spudley @ Feb. 14 2007,13:01) Dog,

Currently have a set of painted / smooth on order at www.RaceReady.us.  These are the guys who did Pashnit's and several others.  Mine are curing as we speak. Should be on the Busa by Monday, or Tuesday of next week.  
super.gif
Oh, you can afford painted inners, but not lunch?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It's all powdercoated.....

Rear Sets, Passenger Pegs, Brake Hanger, Brake Arm, Cush Hub, Sprocket.......ummmm, sure I'm forgetting something

(mzrsq @ Feb. 15 2007,15:08) It's all powdercoated.....

Rear Sets, Passenger Pegs, Brake Hanger, Brake Arm, Cush Hub, Sprocket.......ummmm, sure I'm forgetting something
MZ,
Who painted them?

Originally RaceReady, but they were TOOOOOO Orange. When I had the mirrors and Bar Ends Painted I had them done by a local guy and decided to have him re-shoot them since I was unhappy with the color match. I provided him the hump for color match and in the end what he found was the issue was primer color. The more grey the primer, the more ORANGE the color, the more Black the Primer, the More Copper the color. Took him a little experimenting but in the end he got it pretty close. It still may be a little more Copper, but I was happy. As for Raceready, this was 2 years ago so he may have rectified that problem by now.

(mzrsq @ Feb. 15 2007,15:41) Originally RaceReady, but they were TOOOOOO Orange. When I had the mirrors and Bar Ends Painted I had them done by a local guy and decided to have him re-shoot them since I was unhappy with the color match. I provided him the hump for color match and in the end what he found was the issue was primer color. The more grey the primer, the more ORANGE the color, the more Black the Primer, the More Copper the color. Took him a little experimenting but in the end he got it pretty close. It still may be a little more Copper, but I was happy. As for Raceready, this was 2 years ago so he may have rectified that problem by now.
Copy that, so it might be to my benefit to have some local do it! Thanks!

I would agree and go with someone local. But a gloss black with clearcoat would also be the cat'a a$$$ in my opinion...
super.gif

(ToyKraz @ Feb. 14 2007,13:22)
(Spudley @ Feb. 14 2007,13:01) Dog,

Currently have a set of painted / smooth on order at www.RaceReady.us.  These are the guys who did Pashnit's and several others.  Mine are curing as we speak. Should be on the Busa by Monday, or Tuesday of next week.  
super.gif
Oh, you can afford painted inners, but not lunch?  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Did thou not see-eth my last post to your swingarm mods and wheel choice, oh "builder of the Super-Busa " ?.  Mine's cleaned, pristine, and polished.  Let's lunch !!!.  
super.gif

Sorry for the threadjack.  Brad give me a shout !!!  

Now back to our regulary scheduled thread....  
lurk.gif

laugh.gif

super.gif

(Smoke_Dog @ Feb. 14 2007,19:46)
(mzrsq @ Feb. 15 2007,15:41) Originally RaceReady, but they were TOOOOOO Orange.  When I had the mirrors and Bar Ends Painted I had them done by a local guy and decided to have him re-shoot them since I was unhappy with the color match. I provided him the hump for color match and in the end what he found was the issue was primer color.  The more grey the primer, the more ORANGE the color, the more Black the Primer, the More Copper the color.  Took him a little experimenting but in the end he got it pretty close.  It still may be a little more Copper, but I was happy.  As for Raceready, this was 2 years ago so he may have rectified that problem by now.
Copy that, so it might be to my benefit to have some local do it!  Thanks!
Yes, If you can find someone local, then that's the route I would go again. As I said, it's best if you can provide the Hump or some colored part they can use to match the shade cause it can very greatly on this particular color. There's no such thing as buying the correct color and shooting it here.
guns.gif

Back