Forks

xejm61

Registered
I was working on the forks of my 2005 busa following the steps on the service manual and from this site. When it came down to remove the allen bolt/screw that holds the damper rod in the cartridge it seems stripped since it won't screw in or out, just keeps turning. Can anyone help me out there?.
banghead.gif

i did mine about 2 years ago and cant exactly remember but i used the search on here to do it. i just looked it up again and its still there.

click on search and put "fork seals" in the search box. look at the 3rd one down it should be by user name "misslelike" its the one i used when doing mine and had no problems. it also has pics

i know thats not much help but the best i can do.

btw if thats the bolt at the bottom of the fork it doesnt come out. i just remembered i had the same problem.

It's probably spinning the cartridge inside the fork tube.

Hold the fork tube and pull as you're pushing the fork leg with your feet and have someone unscrew the allen key then. It'll force the cartridge not to spin.

I believe you need a special holder that holds the cartridge while you loosen the bolt - TRAXXION DYNAMICS sells them.

I always break that plug loose before I remove the fork from the triple clamp. Makes life much easier. I put the fork back into the triple clamp before I torque the plug when I'm done. I slide the axle back into both forks after I have removed the wheel just enough so the lower fork leg doesn't turn. Works every time.

Thanks guys. I talked with Traxxion and they also said that the cartridge is turning when I turn the allen bolt. I got the tool to hold the cartrigde so lets see if I can take out this bolt.

I use a 3/8" drive pneumatic air impact gun. Works like a charm EVERY single time I use it, regardless of the type of fork.

Back