Fork seals

dwnhllthng

Registered
Ok, so I see there is a pinned thread on changing out fork seals yourself. But if I dont have the time to do this and dont mind havign someone do it for me what wil it cost me? Just trying to get a general ballpark.

I have forks in stock already done if you don't want more than 2 days downtime,swap and return yours as long as they aren't bent.

But surely anyone that owns a Busa has must be able to change the fork seals.I managed it in half a day including making the two parts, and the seals cost £6 ($12) On the internet. Go ahead and have a go it IS really easy.

(GoldenChild @ May 15 2007,06:44) I have forks in stock already done if you don't want more than 2 days downtime,swap and return yours as long as they aren't bent.
Cloudnine - This sounds coo. How much to exchange forks with new seals? I've got gold forks on the LE. Would you have a set of those to exchange with new seals?

Also - how long should the seals last? My '04 started leaking late last year. I figured the seals would go for at least 5 years... but 2 1/2 - 3? not so great.

Are fork seals available as kits, or do you have to buy the parts separately? And good places to buy? (Looking for seals for my Burgman, blew a seal due to crap on the fork).

Stealerships in my area want way too much for fork seals, (not sure if they're kits or one or the other of dust/oil seals), around $30 PER FORK.

Back