Stiction Fork Seals

vin

Registered
My right fork seal keeps leaking.  I have replaced the leakers with OEM seals twice in that past two months.  I am looking for a stiction seal replacement for both forks.  Normally stiction seals are not prefered.  My buddy uses them on his ZX-10 with no problem.  He is a certified Zook, Kwak and Honda mechanic and he is recommending that I use them on the Bus.  I heard that XR450 seals work for some Suzuki's (600 and 1k).  Does anyone know of a stiction seal that will work for an 06 Busa?  Also, my right brake rotor is warped.  I may have damaged it during the last tire change.  Is anyone selling a stock front brake rotor, that will fit an 06?

Did you make sure the fork tube is not scratched?I've used pivot works seals in the dirt bike and they lasted longer than the stockers.If you ride in dusty condition's pop the dust wiper seal off once and awhile and clean the seal area with brake-clean.I have 20k on my stock fork seals and no leak.Something could be wrong.How are you putting the seals in?with a punch or the right seal driver to make sure the seal sit's correctly in the outter fork tube.

The fork tube is either scratched or pitted. Might want to get that fixed.

If there is low-level pitting, you should be able to buff it out if you're careful.

--Wag--

I am using a fork seal kit. It has all the correct seal install tools. When I took my fork apart last, I did notice a burnished area about 1/2" wide by 1.5" long... right on top of where the seal rides when the forks are at rest. I dont know if a slightly warped brake rotor will cause enough vibration to cause that condition. The anodize on the fok tube appeared blue in that area. I should probably get anotther fork tube, but no $$$ here, and the bike is no longer under warranty. I have thought about chroming the fork tubes, should only cost about #200... problem is I think it will add about .010-.020 to the thickness of the forks. I'm stuck... I really think there is a problem with that tube.

Back