For those without secure storage

I was thinking something along the lines like this but I see I was wrong again lol.

I wonder if you could get 2 dollies under it and move it with the bike inside ?

(edited)_P1060272_zpsttmopyvl.png

Wonder if it comes ready with a bike inside, at that price point.

Another retirement project, maybe build one of those one day.

Another possibility, if you know there is a thief in the hood, put a Grizzly inside.

Excellent idea. There are plenty of apartment/condo dwellers who have to park in a big open parking lots/structures and this looks like it would fit nicely and provide excellent security. You CAN own a nice bike after all!

Excellent idea. There are plenty of apartment/condo dwellers who have to park in a big open parking lots/structures and this looks like it would fit nicely and provide excellent security. You CAN own a nice bike after all!

They’re really only as secure as the compartment lock is. I’d still want to lock my rotors once inside. Sure beats an open apartment car park though as well as being out of the weather.

They’re really only as secure as the compartment lock is. I’d still want to lock my rotors once inside. Sure beats an open apartment car park though as well as being out of the weather.
Right, I didn’t consider how this would help with inclement weather.
The compartment lock would be the weakest point for sure.

One of our members on here had his Gen 3 stolen out of his parking garage....figure something like this would at least put a bike out of visual range....

Not sure how many here have alarm systems on their bikes?

Not sure what is the latest and greatest?

I have always seen the Busa as eye candy for anyone who is inclined to steal a bike. Very high risk item.

When I purchased my bike in 2009, I installed a simple alarm system with a remote which alerts when anyone gets too close to the bike, or touches it. It also has a siren plus immobilizer. That system is obsolete today, but mine still works fine. I would not park my bike anywhere without that. I needed a new remote at some point after they went out of business and tracked down the owner, who was kind enough to mail me a new remote. He said he closed down, because upgrades to GPS and getting stuff made in China at competitive prices became too much of a hassle.

I’m sure there must be a smart phone system somewhere?

Just put an AirTag in it somewhere and grab the 12 gauge if it moves.
Take it and shovel. Go get your bike back. Nobody needs to know anything happened other than the roses are blooming really nice this year with the fertilizer you just planted.

I'm very fortunate to have a secured garage to lock my bike in....nobody gets in there without my knowing about it.....

I was told there were a few misguided souls going through the neighborhood late at night trying car doors but not breaking in....

I positioned myself in the shadows near my house a couple nights for a few hours but fortunately for these thieves, I didn't see them...

Too bad, I have little excitement these days.....

I'm very fortunate to have a secured garage to lock my bike in....nobody gets in there without my knowing about it.....

I was told there were a few misguided souls going through the neighborhood late at night trying car doors but not breaking in....

I positioned myself in the shadows near my house a couple nights for a few hours but fortunately for these thieves, I didn't see them...

Too bad, I have little excitement these days.....
Where I live, we don’t have fences, we don’t lock our doors and it is probably the safest place in the world I have ever experienced.

My concern is when I go somewhere, where I have to park the bike.

I once went for lunch, my remote started buzzing, went out and a bunch of kids were all over the bike.

I agree with the Air tag idea.
It’s the easiest and cheapest way to go.
There some others options if you do a Google search. There’s one I recall that disables the ignition so the thief can’t get too far, but that won’t prevent a couple of guys loading your bike into their truck and driving off.

The question then becomes what do you do if you are alerted your bike is being taken and you know where it is?
Chase down and confront the thief yourself?
Call the police who will just ask you to file a report online and do nothing else?
And do you really want the bike back after it’s been damaged/wrecked/stripped?
Maybe the best option is to file a police report, then put in a claim with your insurance and get a new bike.

Back