For those with trac raked triples...

SOUPY

Donating Member
Registered
I bought a set of trac 4* triples and was dissapointed to see that the levers would crash into the gauges/upper fairing when turning lock to lock. I did not want to sacrifice turning radius by fabricating larger stops so i decided to design a new set of clipons to be used with the trac triples.

I am in the design process of a set of handlebars to be used with the trac 4* raked triple tree. These bars change the location/angle of the bars and levers and will allow the full turning radius to be used without the levers hitting the gauges/upper fairing. Also, i will not be drilling the holes that radially locate the contol boxes. I will include the drill bit to drill the holes and it appears that the end user will be able to rotate the right control box up so that the throttle cable will clear the inner fairing.

i'm almost done with the design. the only drawbacks i see is that:

(1) they will be made of steel instead of aluminum. This is the only way i can get a strong enough weld.

(2) i would not recommend them for use with handlebar straps when trailering the bike. You can judge for yourself, but i wouldn't recommend it. I think helibar has this same type of policy???

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Please provide feedback on how you guys feel about this and what you would like to see!!</span>

rock.gif

i think i got 'em licked. heres a conversation we've been having on SH.org

let me know if you're interested!!!

Back