Soupy's Hayabusa Raked Triples

Soupy, I was primarily referring to front/back rotation.

People like me that have broken their wrists a few times appreciate some adjustability there.
smile.gif

just curious... could you elaborate on what's been done... how many degrees of rake angle did you add? Is the lower tripple tree mount have an increase in offset? I'm just curious to understand what the effects are on the trail.

Looks great!

The offset is the amount for the centerline of the steering stem to the centerline of the fork tubes.
Normal trail is usually between 2"-4"

the fork holes are square to the triples. the stem is not. that help? the triples are machined and mounted on an angle to the stem

the fork holes are square to the triples.  the stem is not. that help?  the triples are machined and mounted on an angle to the stem
ahhh gotcha! now I understand it. Thanks for answering what may be some dumb questions. I'm sure you'll probably get a million more until th product hits production.
computer.gif

btw.. have you guys figured out what the effects on the trail will be? 1" or so?

no sir. i have trac raked triples on my busa and it runs down the road just fine. these have similar geometry, just better engineered.

It will "soften" or slow the handling a good bit, that's the point more or less (other than no rubbing when lowering): straight line stability.

Good for high speed/drag bikes.
thumb_up.gif

Very well said. We have very few twisty roads in Michigan so I've had no problem running them on the street for the last 3 years.

Back