Soupy's hayabusa full lowering kit

kingbusa

Registered
I have a 2008 busa and getting ready to lower it. I think I'm gonna go with the soupy kit. It cost about $114 for rear and front. Do you think this is a good deal?
Also for the front I'm still undecided if I want to go with the soupy spacer that come with the kit or use triple tree? Any advice for the front?

i don't know about the front but i do have the rear...excellent quality and i love being able to adjust them to exactly where i want them and not have to pick one of three holes...also, Soupy is a great guy to do business with :beerchug:

Post up the pics when you get this done with, couple '08's have been posted up and when lowered, gives that bike a whole new feel. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

When it comes to spacers or triple tree for the front it is really personal preference on the looks IMO. See a triple tree that you like then go with it. like the stock look then...

Best to never let the rear of the bike to go lower then the front.

I like Soupy's links ability for adjustment but just felt more comfortbale with having a "fixed", non moving, dogbone where I wouldn't have to be concerned about a nut or two getting loose on me...just a personal concern, not that there has been any documented issue with them loosening up.

I actually went the other way...+1".

Hey guys- $10 for priority shipping on all of our parts!

Thanks for all the support.

Very nice product. I would apply some grease to the inside of the turnbuckles and the outside of the exposed threads, as mine have some light oxidation on them.

Good looking product but doesn't it hurt the performance on turns? Have you ever done a break test on the links? I own a CNC Machine shop and have been a tool maker in the medical industry for over 16 years so I would make my own but the thing holding me back is I like fast turns and being able to lean in them. I have not driven a Busa that was lowered yet so what I am getting at is do they handle in turns?

Hey guys,

Let me put any rumors anout this kit being ANYTHING but excellent. I just lowered my F and B of my 08 Hayabusa with Soupy's kit. A bit of advice:

For the front kit......once you've gotten the triple tree loose you must then loosen 4 bolts to the fork clamp in order to lower it. Make sure you only LOOSEN each one individually and NOT all 4 at once. I did this and had a hell of a time trying to raise the front back up.

For the rear....Make sure to cover the threads with some grease, just to protect the bolts. You'll need a 2nd person to hold the bike up in order to get the stock bolts out and the new ones in. The easiest way to loosen the bolts is to loosen the NUT and not the bolt head.

Other than that.....the install took me about an hour and a half! Sorry to everyone for not posting any pics!!!! I didn't have my camera with me!!! Feel free to PM me with any questions about the install if you have any!!!1

Good looking product but doesn't it hurt the performance on turns? Have you ever done a break test on the links? I own a CNC Machine shop and have been a tool maker in the medical industry for over 16 years so I would make my own but the thing holding me back is I like fast turns and being able to lean in them. I have not driven a Busa that was lowered yet so what I am getting at is do they handle in turns?

When I bought mine, it was already lowered and I'm raising it back up to stock height if that tells you anything. I came to this busa from a 2006 katana..and the katana felt easier to stick the curves on...... I'm guessing its because of the lowering but wont know till I get it back up. I'm guessing this thing should feel alot better in the curves than a friggen katana though so somethings not right.

Back