? for those stereo tech heads

jch364

Registered
Got a question and i know that someone on here has the answer. I got an older Yamaha stereo 5.1 surround system that I am going to put in my entertainment center. I only have the receiver right now. Its a nice 750watt system but because it is older it isnt hdmi so with that said here is my question.
I want to get a cd changer for it so what is the best kind to get that is compatible with that system. It uses the regular cables for connections. Not looking for anything huge. something like 25 cd changer or so. What would work best??????

In advance:bowdown:

Just about any CD changer will work, especially if it uses the standard RCA inputs. I'm partial to Sony; I'd look at picking up a used carousel.

Buy a ps3. It will play and hook up to anything. The best of all worlds and your set up for blu ray right away.

I dont know what your computer is like but if it does not have a cd burner you should look into the new cd decks that have burners included in the deck those are pretty cool... if not you can usually find a decent deal at any pawn shop for like 50 dollars... if your looking for new I think Pioneer has a good 25 disc player for around 130 or so

Just about any CD changer will work, especially if it uses the standard RCA inputs. I'm partial to Sony; I'd look at picking up a used carousel.

+1 Omar is right man... u need to check the cables! RCA shoudl work fine... some even got HDMI

i am also a fan of the ps3. amazing machine. but it wont play multiple cd's BUT you can download musiq on to the ps3 and create playlists. I have hundreds of songs on mine. i am using a hdmi cable from my ps3 and honestly I am not sure if it has rca's. it should. there may be a better way 2 carry music to your receiver other than rca's. idk if you want you can take a picture of the back of your receiver and post it here. that may help us answer any other questions you may have.

Rip the CDs to MP3s and put them up. then connect you puter to the reciever.:beerchug:

The ps3 comes standard with rca. You need to buy the hdmi. But yah you can load the crap out of it with mp3s pics movies and more.

Back