Radar, Stereo, & Billet

WarBaby

Donating Member
Registered
For anyone interested... a few new mods have been recently added to my `02 Busa.

A new Beltronics RX65 Pro radar detector is mounted on a modified (lengthened) stem mount and hard wired to the Busa battery. It detaches easily for use in my other vehicles too.

Speakers have been attached to the ear recesses in my Arai helmet with a quick connector plug clamped to the bottom of the helmet. It is a simple matter to connect the radar detector to the helmet via the coiled cord in the pictures which is a workable solution that I have tried and proven via several thousand miles with an earlier battery powered detector. It also allows the wearing of ear buds for stereo sounds while still being able to clearly hear the detector in the background.

Speaking of stereo, this personal CD/amp/earbud system produces high quality music when desired but it is soon to be replaced by an XM Satelitte Radio with the antenna invisibly mounted under the rear hump:

And... polished billet levers wrap up this mod session:

Fun, fun, fun...  
biggrin.gif

WarBaby, where did you get the speaker kit? Or did you make it yourself?

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. How do you like that radar detector?

Sweet mods Tom ... very useful and I like those levers too !!
I can't make Deal's Gap next month, but I hope to see your bike one day. Perhaps you can make the VA Fall ride in October??

Thanks for the link.  I'll check it out.  How do you like that radar detector?[/QUOTE]
It's excellent--I'm very pleased. Here is one of several reviews/tests that all say the same thing: Radar Detector Test

Sweet mods Tom ... very useful and I like those levers too !!
I can't make Deal's Gap next month, but I hope to see your bike one day. Perhaps you can make the VA Fall ride in October??[/QUOTE] Thanks. Sorry you can't make Deal's Gap. Is there an info link for the fall VA ride?

That is some nice work! I would like to see all of your bike sometime. It looks like you pay a lot of attention to detail and that is what I like. I like the bling as long as it is done nice and clean.

Back