For SUPERTUNER

OB_WARBIRD

Registered
I am days from making a purchace of either Ti Force or Akrapovic. I have researched this subject to death but would really like your opinion. Please give me every reason you can think of for choosing Ti over Akrapovic. Be as technical as you like,I will understand your reasoning. I looked at the dyno charts from Ti and Akro,and the Ti looked stronger from 2500 to 4500,a very important range since I spend most of my time riding there. Of course there are the usual variables like different dyno's,different bikes,different days and who knows if one or the other remapped the bikes for the runs ect... Have built MANY road racing and drag racing bikes for MANY people-customers. Have also had over 20 new over 900cc streetbikes but have not had a chance to play with a busa. Bought mine on May 6th and have only got to ride it 170 miles. To much work. Will buy a turbo but only after the bugs are worked out and the availability is better. In the meantime a pipe,PC2,cams and airfilter will keep me happy. I was going to order the Akrapovic today,but it was between it and the Ti anyway so please mail me back. I will look forword to your opinion. Thanks.

I'll do just that 'lanta. Hey Motorhead,if you read the above post,what do you think? Be honest now,Im not concerned with which one makes a half horsepower more at 11000 rpm. I want to know about fit,finish and smooth power delivery from idle to redline. I dont have a dyno [YET]. Do you know which one works best with your airbox. [Which Im dying to see pictures of!] Thanks Bro!

WAR, trust us with the box. I don't have any affiliation with Dennis other than the fact that I bought this FREAKED_OUT_GROWLING_KNARLYAS* box from him that transformed my docile lil 'boogie into a ---guess what? BIRD FROM HELL.

Just got off the fone with horsepowermaniac hisself---you guys are screwed if you wanna mess with me next week, gotta little TMH thingy comin...heeeheee!!!

Full box mod+pipe+PC2+mysterythingy

and don't you snitch motorhead!!! except to johnny he already knows I think. JC, the mess w/ me does NOT apply to you, badass.

Kurt

Thanks Motorhead, do you like the Akra also? What kind do you have? I just read somewhere that the ti Muzzy weighs 5 pounds!! Sounds pretty light to me. Would it last on the street? And yes I will be after one of your boxes, I heard it almost sucks the tank right off the bike! BAWAAAAAA!!!! Hey, will it still presserize at speed? Does it matter?

Warbird...I am a professional fabricator and I am here to tell you that the Ti-Force is an awesome piece of craftsmanship. It is a shame that the pipe is covered in bodywork. I tried to put one on my kitchen tanle at home as a centerpiece but that didn't go over too well with the wife! But all kidding aside...like I stated before, the potential of making good power with every pipe on the market is there if you have a good tuner to provide you eith the correct information to tune your engine by. This means that proper intelligent interpretation of what the dynamometer is trying to tell you via the graphs is required. I will state however that it seems as the Ti-Force is more adaptable to a wider variety of maps than some of the others. The others seem to be a little more "picky" about what map is going to work best. Once I have done all my tuning tricks, the Ti-Force wasn't as critical to exacting maps...and this is on several bikes...not just one. What this means to the rider is that through a varying range of riding conditions, the Ti-Force will not be as affected as some due to ambient air temp changes, barometer and humidity that require a closer degree of "pinpoint mapping" in order to perform. This has been my experience. I do not say that I have all the answers but I am working on them! Hope I have helped. Thanks for asking.
Freddie

Back