for BMW s1000RR lovers

ResidentEvil

Registered
[URL="
- BMW S1000RR vs. GSX-R 1000 K8 Drift Highspeed Topspeed Ghostrider[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
If I could read German, it says, "The BMW says SEE YA to the GSXR 1000".....wow.

I smell a rat!

I've romped around with a number of beamers on the track and my K7 gixxer cannot hang with the beamer on the straight but its only a few bike links in 3/4 mile. It the video the beamer passed the gixxer like it was anchored. Don't pass the smell test.

If i'm not mistaken its because of Europe that Japan put the 186mph limiters on their bikes in the first place, now BMW make this monstrosity that goes 189mph right out of the box. I think its about time the boys in Japan take the leash off of our big bores. :laugh:

If i'm not mistaken its because of Europe that Japan put the 186mph limiters on their bikes in the first place, now BMW make this monstrosity that goes 189mph right out of the box. I think its about time the boys in Japan take the leash off of our big bores. :laugh:

US D.O.T. made them do that, it's called the good neighbor act. Also, I'm here to tell you a 1000 will push just as much power to weight ratio as our busa's. I've seen all 3 in action, and the bmw is impressive. But a well set up 1k or busa will still do the damn thing with it. I love my busa, and am dumping about $1500 into it this year to run it down the track. But know theres a 2007 1070 gsxr being built right beside it too lol...:whistle: It wont be scurred of a damn beamer!

You are correct no limiter on them, but your mph is off, they will run 192-194 with with stock gearing until they run out of rpm.

There is a few magazines that have only done a sprocket change and masking tape and ran 197mph:bowdown:

Oh my bad, I thought europe started it because of the autobahn. They didn't want a bunch of 200mph bikes flying around for $12K out of the box. I'm glad US D.O.T didn't put the whammy on cars.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh my bad, I thought europe started it because of the autobahn. They didn't want a bunch of 200mph bikes flying around for $12K out of the box. I'm glad US D.O.T didn't put the whammy on cars.
Posted via Mobile Device

DOT had nothing to do with limiting the bikes...it was done by the bike manufactures because they were worried that some organization would step in and FORCE them to make changes...or even make the bikes illegal to sell.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back