Could it be problems for BMW s1000rr?

Well I'll be...... one thing about BMW...unlike Toyota... they have a fix for the problem and rapid response.

Actually, that's a pretty good feature that BMW imposed.
Those guidelines stipulate the engine should not be run over 7000rpm for the first 185 miles and then not over 9000rpm until the 600 mile mark.

The new software patch removed the choice – ALL bikes heading for owners will now have the rev limit imposed until it will be electronically removed at the first service and oil change at 600 miles.
Just a little Teutonic triumph: "You vill follow all direktions, or you vill be shot for that!"

"Naw, more like chewed out. I've been chewed out before." :laugh:

I still don't like the 2 different headlights ???, but other than that the bike looks good.

That's why you try to wait for the 2nd year's production run....

Just a little Teutonic triumph: "You vill follow all direktions, or you vill be shot for that!"

Yeah, I wouldn't like being FORCED to take it to the dealership for it's first service. When I leave the dealership with a new bike, it doesn't go back until I'm trading it for the next one. If I can't do it myself, I have people I trust waaay more than any surly, don't give a.., dealership "technician".
Ah well, maybe they wouldn't screw it up too much in just one visit.

Here we have found ourselves a VERY WISE MAN! :beerchug:

yepper...ditto on that Tuf! :laugh:

so now ya can make it the three wise men as i myself drooled for a busa several years before i actually purchased one as..especially with the busa?...and mainly because it was such a huge jump in production bike performance?...i wanted a '99 but...

1st?...it was the dreaded CCT (cam chain tensioner) Deabacle...and took'em 3 trys before finally coming out with the gen3 CCT that was strong enough to deal with he mighty busa's cam chain dynamics without bending the damn thing and then they ran a dedicated oiler line to the CCT's...so i didn't get one...then?...

it was the greatly feared SUBFRAME LIBERATION debacle...where the old aluminum subrames detached themselves from the bike with suzuki trying to make he initial knee-jerk claim that it was because the stock exhaust was part of the frames structural stress members (acting like the stock exhaust was designed to help support the frame) and those who modified such fine engineering by eliminating 1/2 the exhaust system with a 4-2-1 single sided exhaust were doing heir fine engimneering a mis-justice. :rofl: still?..it needed to be fixed...so i didn't get one...then?...

there was the run-off of fear starting with the old TL's that the mighty busa's frame would crack at the weld joint between the cast steering head and the formed aluminum tube frame members...which some did...suzuki's response?..you guys try to land your wheelies softer and we'll try to weld better joints. :whistle: :laugh: which we did and evidently?...they did...but still?..i didn't get one...then?...

with biotch's from the "I wanna smoother responding throttle crowd"?...it was rumored that suzi would upgrade their lowly 16 bit ECU's...so they did..and in '02?..jumped to a 24bit ECU...as i thought?...wtf?..and still didn't get one cause by now?..

the cases of starter clutch bang backs where shattering internal gears shoot'in chains through engine cases and all sorts of funky stuff..so?..i still didn't get one...and then?...

'03 had finally come...4 looong drooling years later...and by '05?...they finally had my respect by having proved that they had ironed out all the bugs and being road worthy with those who would actually have the kahoonies to put the busa through it's tremendous paces and in '05?..i finally bought my beloved Oren...an '03 Silver/Gray w/ a whopping 32bit ecu..bone stock w/ 1,640 miles on the odo from a sheriffs deputy who was afraid to ride her...claimed it was his 1st street bike and was going back to jet skis! :laugh: $8K even w/ a matching Shoei lid...bone stock...but not for long.

that was 5 years ago...and i still love this bike...it's the light of my life...my happy "me time"...and if the genII's can hold up as well?..maybe when they come out with the GENIII i'll buy one! :laugh:

but unlike any of my past bikes?..i won't sell Oren to do it...as i'm "that" happy with my lowly '03 GenI BUSA! :thumbsup:

If ya ask me?..yeah...sure...the s1000rr is a killer ride...but something tells me that...Beamer just came out with "THEIR"...'99 coppertop. :rofl:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Apparently some race teams testing found severe pre-mature engine wear, hence the 600 mile 9000rpm limitation, something to do with new technology materials. Will be interesting to see how long this motor lasts.

"Adolf, vee seem have engine probleme, yaa?":whistle:

Don't BMW cars also have service interval lights on them that don't go out until you take the car into the dealership for its recommended servicing?

A lot of vehicles here has that feature, even my dirt bike. This thing with BMW is to try and protect the motor though, they have a recall and calling new buyers back to install the patch.

I saw two of them with race plastics hauling azz on Barber this weekend.....

Back