Folks that think their <insert bike> goes 200

I know some people that have done 200!
I mean REALLY done 200!
laugh.gif

Deb
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would be YOU and without a fairing. Pretty stellar if you ask me
banana.gif
Yea I was going to mention "Deb going 200+ Naked" (heck all we got was the video, I want pics!!)
rofl.gif

And STILL waiting for shots of the V8 pinto...

In conversation with guys everything from a 20 inch huffy to a harley sporster can beet me up to 300 mph. I just let them go anymore.
beerchug.gif

I caught part of a a show on SPEED channel about a lady who was working to hit 200 on her busa at the salt flats. After many attempts over days she did hit 200 on a modified busa. After watching I came to believe that it is not easy to hit 200. Certainly doable, but not easy.

I caught part of a a show on SPEED channel about a lady who was working to hit 200 on her busa at the salt flats. After many attempts over days she did hit 200 on a modified busa. After watching I came to believe that it is not easy to hit 200. Certainly doable, but not easy.
rock.gif
At the salt flats? Do you remember her name or the name of the show? There's only a handful of gals that have hit 200 on a busa in LSR. Just wondering which one it was. (I try to catch all the LSR shows they air on speed!)

And no, it's not that easy unless you add a turbo or a little N20! And even then, ya gotta ride that puppy!  
winkold.gif

Deb

hahah i have had so many gsxr's r1's some 600's the real smart kids.. you knwo the type i am talking about. one came up to me hey didnt you lose an exhaust(i have a bde streetsmart) said man i must have went so fast it blew it off. he then proceeded that his speedo read 195 on a f4I. I said oh yeah so how well did the turbo hold up. oh no that thing is stock.

next one zx9r ( i used to own a 98 i know what they will do) comes up man that thing is sharp. yeah it gets it done. you ran it yet at tyhe track said nope no need to (mind you 9.79's) oh man i can put down a 9.5 flat at the track. Said b/s oh no you want to see the slips. YEs i do. Well i will show ok lets go get them well my mom has my truck and they are in there. Ok when your done making excuses i will pull mine out of the trunk and show you. He looked and said you have yours i thought you never been. didnt know what track you where talking about.

hell i had some kid seen mine at the gas station. comes over to talk. i say hello the usuall he said looks fast. yeah it is pretty quick. oh man my hurricane will smoke it. DID YOU SAY HURRICANE?
rock.gif
? you mean to tell me you have a yamaha hurricane!!! yeah man that things runs real good. Yeah so who makes it yamaha.. hmmm thats funny i thought it was honda oh yeah your right. well man i have to get my kawi out of here so see you

yeah some people are idiots when it comes to bikes. harleys guys are funny. man i have seen these things they look fast.. so what you done to it..

i just tell them you guys buy chrome, i make mine sensable...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on here said he went to redline in 5th recently.  How fast would that be assuming stock gearing?
If you have a first gen, or know the ratios for the 2nd gen this will fix you up its already preset for a genI busa....handy little sucker. I've used it plenty
ThumbsUp.gif

I don't hang around alot of squid-kids, so I don't have to listen to all the idiotic babble. All I ever get is compliments on the busa
thumb_up.gif
Everybody wants to tell me how fast it is
laugh.gif
The bike really does speak for itself
winkold.gif

Where are "these" 600 and 750 guys?? Each time I sneak up on one,........and they recognize it's a "BUSA",..............they tend to find the nearest exit,.....or side road to shy away!! I just wanna "play" a little,.............not gonna hurt them or anything. :laugh:

200 at the flats is tougher than most places.. (tire spin is a big problem) pretty cool accomplishment..

Isnt the lady that did that a member of the board? Or am I thinking about someone else?

man i had a kid come in the store i work at the other day and hes carrying a helmet with him and i ask him what kind of bike he has and he told me a r1. I said pretty sweet bike and he asks if i had a bike and i told him i had a busa. He says cool so i go and say how fast you had your r1 up to and he says ive gone up to 192 mph. I said holy S**t thats fast whatcha got done to it. He goes and tells me its stock. So rather than calling b.s i let him gloat in his glory and sell him a phone. Then i tell him make sure he doesnt drop his phone while doing 200 b/c insurance wont cover that and let him walk out the door.

man i had a kid come in the store i work at the other day and hes carrying a helmet with him and i ask him what kind of bike he has and he told me a r1. I said pretty sweet bike and he asks if i had a bike and i told him i had a busa. He says cool so i go and say how fast you had your r1 up to and he says ive gone up to 192 mph. I said holy S**t thats fast whatcha got done to it. He goes and tells me its stock. So rather than calling b.s i let him gloat in his glory and sell him a phone. Then i tell him make sure he doesnt drop his phone while doing 200 b/c insurance wont cover that and let him walk out the door.

Hopefully he does not use the phone while going 200mph on his stock R1. On the other hand you may be selling to him each month. :)

Back