Folks that think their <insert bike> goes 200

V8Pinto

Registered
Why is it that somebody always has a friend who went 200 on their unmodified GSXR1000 or TL1000? I get so tired of hearing "you only went 190 on a Busa??? My friend went blah blah blah"

UGH!!!!

I was sitting at the drags last night on my 08' and had somebody actually tell me their stock TL1000 would smoke me because they've run it to 185 on the speedo and they "still had throttle left"

geeez. It's like arguing with a deaf rooster.

Yea... old stories... my speedo said it, I believe it....

So wheres the pics of the pinto? I did a 302 "explodamatic" using the "hooker" mount kit about 20 years ago, thing was a blast..

It is not as easy as it looks thats for sure.  
beerchug.gif

Why is it that somebody always has a friend who went 200 on their unmodified GSXR1000 or TL1000?  I get so tired of hearing "you only went 190 on a Busa???  My friend went blah blah blah"

UGH!!!!

I was sitting at the drags last night on my 08' and had somebody actually tell me their stock TL1000 would smoke me because they've run it to 185 on the speedo and they "still had throttle left"

geeez.  It's like arguing with a deaf rooster.
end all comment , you tell them i hit 185 on the speedo too in the top of fourth gear !
spank.gif

Why is it that somebody always has a friend who went 200 on their unmodified GSXR1000 or TL1000?  I get so tired of hearing "you only went 190 on a Busa???  My friend went blah blah blah"

UGH!!!!

end all comment , you tell them i hit 185 on the speedo too in the top of fourth gear !
spank.gif
Or a little more subtle: "So what did it do when you shifted into 5th?"
deadhorse.gif

UGH!!!!

spank.gif
Or a little more subtle: "So what did it do when you shifted into 5th?"  
deadhorse.gif
rofl.gif

I had a kid with an R6 (bone stock), tell me he hit 172mph. I just said "go lie to someone that gives a $%#T what you have to say.". He felt a little uncomfortable standing in my driveway at that point so he left.
thumb_up.gif

I don't even use the speedo, the only true way to tell is with rolling tire diameter, rpm, gearing, and so on, and it only works if your tach is acurate, i'll have to find that formula and post it on here.

I had a kid with an R6 (bone stock), tell me he hit 172mph.  I just said "go lie to someone that gives a $%#T what you have to say.".  He felt a little uncomfortable standing in my driveway at that point so he left.  
thumb_up.gif
I was riding with a newbie on a 600. He bought the bike used and it was set up for the strip. He kept saying he hit 170 on it, but I'm sure they didn't fix the speedo after -1 up front and +2 in the back. Some of the guys are not lying, just ignorant.

Yeah I had a guy on a CBR600 tell me that. At the time, I had been rookie-ing up getting my licensing and my best was 177 in the desert. He saw me pull into work and saw the numbers on the bike and asked what I'd run and when I said 177 he said "on a Busa?? that's all? My 600 runs 168". I just said "cool man" and left it at that. I'd love to have one of those guys try to run me on my 06' with the 206MPH Bonneville gearing on it and about 5 miles of pavement in front of me.

easybutton.png

A Busa just makes some people feel insecure.

I was parked once and had a guy walk up, said "I have one at home, I had it bored out though." "Yeah? What displacement did you go with?" "I don't know, a guy I know did it for me." "Really? You have a nice day."

Just not worth wasting good oxygen...

My jackoff brother in law has a stock 06 R1. Im 6'1", 275 and he is 5'8" 160. Ive had 16-42 sprockets. We'd go at it and Id smoke his ass anywhere from any roll speed or a stop. One night on the interstate, we went at it from around 100mph. I walked him to around 140 and slowed. He pulled next to me and wanted to go from aroung 140 so, kinda stupidly, I abliged. He did inch me. So now hes got a busa killer. On top of that, hes running around telling everyone he went 196mph and that there is no way that his speeometer is wrong because it is digital. Dumbass. So, I put the stock sprockets back on and asked to go to the middle of nowhere and do it again but he always has excuses. Well, its been two months now and my bike is down at ECS Dyno getting a new map for the Velocity stage two turbo kit that I installed.... Who went 196?  
firedevil.gif

I hit the limiter in 3rd on my 750 and looked down at the speedo and it was at 144 (digital).  8% error 133...still not bad with three gears to go
smile.gif

This is my documented best on my Busa...my friend Howard's GPS. He was following me.

Top_Speed.jpg

Every once and a while it gets to where you don't want to hear it anymore. I have had so many (Ninjas) come up to me and say "That is disrepectful, what it says on your tank, Ninja Eater. Lets go" Most of the time I just say "why look at what is in the bike" I even had a Max swear he does over 200mph and would like to run me. I did and never even hit 4th gear.

The first 3 gears would take care of most. Of course some days I just go Trolling waiting for some one to scream past me, I just keep giving a little gas when they approach my rear wheel. Funny thing they never do pass me,
wowold.gif
smile.gif

UGH!!!!

Man I have this friend of mine that did 200MPH
sadnews.gif

Back