FNG here! here is my question

GOT BUSA?

Registered
I am spankin new here. Look no post count. Anyway I am looking into getting a busa. Probably used cause the wife says we can't afford new. Got a Katana now. Gettin kinda slow and small. Well, I would like to know which years were the best ones for the busa? Pre speed limiter maybe? I don't know.Are there any particular problem years or things to watch out for? Hoping to find a good deal. Something like under 6K or so. By the way this is a nice site you all have here.
Later

A. Hi, get a Busa , you will love it.

B. Id get the latest model you can find...but really it does not matter all that much if its been kept up.

C. 6K probably wont get alot of Busa but you could get lucky!
smile.gif
$7K - $8K will get you a nice Busa.

D. Good Luck!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Welcome to the board. 1999 and 2000 are prelimiter. If you get either make sure the recalls were done. 99s had a recall on the fuel pump and both the 99 and 00 had recalls on the cam chain tensioner. A call to the dealer or Suzuki with the vin number will get the info.

Welcome to the board. Get the newest one that you can afford
wink.gif
03 and newer have had all the bugs worked out.

Welcome tp the board!!

I suggest you get any modle form 03... they are all the same!! All issues sorted out. If your looking for the un restricted one... then it has gotta be a 99 - 00 model. They have some issues regarding -

a) Weak sub-frame
b) Cam Chain Tensioner
c) Starter motor

...If i am not wrong Suzuki did do recalls to correct these problems! So if your going for a version pre 03 ... then I suggest you inspect the service history of the bike you are buying closely. I hope that helps...

Welcome to the board! All models of the Busa are the same from 99-05, except for the limiter after '00. Check the items above and then get what you want.

I'd rather get a newer one without all the recall problems, and just get a TRE if you REALLY wanna go past 10,500rpms in 6th.

Back