FLORIDA RIDERS, I Need HELP!!! Revlis!

Hayabusa Man

Registered
Can any Florida Riders tell me how to get to the "twisties" at Sugarloaf Mountain in Clermont,Florida? I hear it's a great ride! Thanks!
1zhelp.gif

I'm not sure where Sugarloaf Mountain is, much less any mountains around here, but I have been on a few Clermont runs with some of the locals~ Unfortunatly I was just a rider in the pack, so I didn't pay much attention to where the hell I was~ I just enjoyed the ride~ Sorry I can't help you more then that... but check your PM's...  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078369719 -->

Oh Sure Hayabusa Man... Lay low for months and months then need help?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

Sorry, but this time I cannot help you, I have no Idea... Wait... Hold on...

Sugarloaf Mountain (Howey Heights) is the highest point (312 feet) in peninsular Florida.
On its summit, Lake Apopka can be viewed and Orlando's skyline is visible miles away.[/QUOTE] Hmmm...

Nope this is all I got...

untitled_copy.jpg

Hey Rev! I've been here all the time, just in "stealth mode". You can relate, you know, 2002 LE?

Anyway, yes, I think that is the general area! I hear it's the highest point in Florida, 312 feet (big whoop!) but it's supposed to have lots of "twisties" and increasing and decreasing radius curves. You're also supposed to be able to see the Disney World lights from "way up there"!  

Well, I may try to go out and find it and if and when I do, I'll report back to you all.

Thanks for the help!

(back into "stealth mode")  
vader1.gif

It's just West of Orlando on highway 50.  Not really great for motorcycles though because there is a public park and other things that draw a lot of nonmotorized bikes and kids and stuff you don't want to run into.    Also the hills have lots of stop signs.  I did ride in a triathlon there once where they blocked off traffic and was able to get my 10 speed trek up to 53 mph coming down one of the hills an not having to stop for stop signs.
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: "I meant west"|1078419796 -->

Thanks "Eat Man", maybe I'll just stay away from there....Thought I found somewhere new to ride here in this "god forsaken" plateau of a state!

Some twisties in Florida?? Not much more then on and off ramps. Bring it up North when the weather gets better.
biggrin.gif

Back