Florida Boys are getting a raw deal

nice novel.....not here either though
beerchug.gif

I guess my biggest gripe would be the one in 10 chance they come to your house to take your bike and you didnt do it. I dont run from the cops, but if they saw a bike like mine lets say plate is covered with duct tape or something and I cruise into town with my helmet on and they nail me. I dont want the DA scaringme with jail time etc or we can keep your bike. Even if you didnt do it most people arent veryu versed in law and I would imagine running from LEO carries some jail time. So its well if you give us the bike you dont have to get a lawyer it wont go on your record or anything oooorrrr you can fight it I am going to ask for 30 days in jail (you lose your job cause you cant take that kind of time off) 1500.00 dollar fine and 1 year loss of license. Even if you get a lawyer and win you lost 1500 retainer that you cant get back and cant sue the shitty court system for. Blackmail I tell you if I did this to any person I would be charged with Blackmail

I usually get pulled over about 2 times a month, mostly they are looking for my exhaust and wondering why my bike sounds like it does. After about 20 minutes of talking, I go on my way, no problems. But I have been stopped for an "excessive noise" violation in Clearwater. 2 Harleys came by, the cop heard them, and let me go. They are just doing thier jobs for the most part.

I can't say that I haven't broken the law, but I usually try to stay within it - I mean, let's face it, I am on a busa....
But I do not run from cops, FHP or otherwise; If I am screwed up - well, whose fault is that?
I can imagine some coming to my house and taking Bessie - never seen it happen, but it is possible that my whole outlook could change with something like that.

I have three family members that were LEO one of them died in the line of duty a few years back... I have always trusted the Law till now .....From what happened to me with my last ticket and what i see happening to others here in FL this is what i have to say >>>> The Leo and the court system can kiss my a$$... I'm going to look at all LEO like scum just like they look at all sports riders as scum....I'm 50 years olds and a Tax payer and never been in trouble with the law and just because i ride a sport bike i'm treated like i'm a drug dealing scum bag...
rant.gif

I just got pulled over in my truck for speeding. And I wasn't. Neither were the 8 others that he pulled over while writing my ticket out to me. He literally was stopping writing my ticket to pull others over. Never once looking at them beforehand, simply pulling us over because his radar was going off. He never once suspected that operating about 50 yards from a high tension line can cause false radar returns. He simply cranked out ticket after ticket.

I will be going to court with 8 other witnesses to testify to the nature of the stops. This is the only way to stop the nonsense. Stand up and fight. The judge rules on the law, the cops get a little cowboyish out on the roads.

Amendment IV to the U.S. Constitution: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

If they confiscate my property prior to proving my guilt, I believe they will have to answer to this civil right violation.

Cops getting sloppy is one problem. LEO making it policy to violate our rights is a whole different deal.

(1300hemibusa @ Jan. 12 2007,10:32) they look at all sports riders as scum....I'm 50 years olds and a Tax payer  and never been in trouble with the law and just because i ride a sport bike i'm treated like i'm a drug dealing scum bag...
rant.gif
+1 and 40

o.k. correct me if i'm wrong, but what if the florida highway patrol makes a slight error with a plate, does this mean that someone with a similar motorcycle tag, will have there bike confiscated and impounded. on the flip side of this argument to myself, how can the cops gain control of "bikes" outrunning them with there "hands tied behing there backs". tough break for both sides!
rant.gif

Back