For my Florida brethren!

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Welcome Micanopy, Florida for Unique and Antique Shopping

We rode to Micanopy from our home North of Tampa this Saturday, about 250 miles all told. It was a nice ride (aside from the guy that tried to run over my wife.) The town is a throwback to the turn of the century. It's only two blocks long, but it's a sweet place to stop and eat lunch and walk around. Be careful, bringing your lady may result in gremlins invading your wallet! (And most shops will ship too! :whistle:)

I highly reccomend the Old Florida Cafe. It's a tiny little place with a few tables and a trinket shop. But they make phenominal sandwiches and cherry pie that is better than grandma made! (ok, my grandma never made cherry pie....but if she did.) :rofl:

And while you're there, go about 15 miles North above Gainesville to the Devil's Millhopper. Weak hearts need not apply though. It's easy going down, but a real $*&@#$ climbing back up! Bring your mosquito spray.

This was our first real day trip on the new Busa and GIXXER. Good times!

And I'm sorry to say, no pics. I'll know better next time!

Last edited:
We have a sector at my work called Micanopy, I always thought it was a made up funny name...Sounds like a nice place!!:beerchug:

I just moved from Gainesville but you'll also have to check out Blue Highway Pizza on 441. They have the best pizza there by far, it's even better than Satchel's Pizza in Gainesville. :thumbsup:

I just moved from Gainesville but you'll also have to check out Blue Highway Pizza on 441. They have the best pizza there by far, it's even better than Satchel's Pizza in Gainesville. :thumbsup:

I saw that in the directory, but it must be located outside the main street? I think we need to go back soon.

Back