Flipping the finger cost him 6 days in jail and more

Skydivr when they asked him why he said he didn't know.
Either there is some hidden motive or he is just plain dumb?

I'm surprised he didn't use one of these?
I carry one in my wallet.
ebac092dd1cbbe108d3c7412fb720075.jpg

what's a caseyanthony ?

I hope your being sarcastic. If not Casey Anthony was a little girl who's mom duct taped her mouth and put her in the trunk of a car so she could go out partying. Unfortunately mom covered her mouth and nose and the poor child died. This is what I've deduced from watching the trial. If true the trial has been a waste of taxpayers money and the mother should already be taking a well deserved dirt nap!

I hope your being sarcastic. If not Casey Anthony was a little girl who's mom duct taped her mouth and put her in the trunk of a car so she could go out partying. Unfortunately mom covered her mouth and nose and the poor child died. This is what I've deduced from watching the trial. If true the trial has been a waste of taxpayers money and the mother should already be taking a well deserved dirt nap!

allegedly...she has her right to a jury by her peers just as we do...there are plenty who would like to see each and every one of us "bikers" hauled away and thrown in jail due to things they've heard which are generally blown WAY out of proportion :beerchug:

allegedly...she has her right to a jury by her peers just as we do...there are plenty who would like to see each and every one of us "bikers" hauled away and thrown in jail due to things they've heard which are generally blown WAY out of proportion :beerchug:

Thats why I said 'If true'. Yeah she has a right to trial by jury and I would not deny her that. Just sometimes I think the obvious is apparent and trials can be a waste of time.

Although flipping the bird is constitutionally-protected "speech," there are always limits. One of those limits is that a judge has the right to control what happens in his or her courtroom. The question will be whether he had the right to sentence him without representation, particularly when he questioned him about his income to determine if he should have appointed an attorney for him.

In listening to parts of the trial, and now listening to closing arguments, it sure seems that there are more than a few reasonable doubts.

From an old news article in 2009 (Judge: 'Flipping the bird' was not illegal - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review):

"The United States Supreme Court has long recognized that non-verbal gestures and symbols may be entitled to First Amendment protection," Cercone wrote in his 19-page opinion and order filed Monday. "Moreover, several courts, including federal and state courts in Pennsylvania, have found that the expressive use of the middle finger is protected speech under the First Amendment."

This is one of my favorite ex cop stories... I was in district court waiting for my case to come up and wasting time in the courthourse. A case was called up from a state trooper that had arrested a guy on DUI charges. As the case was presented the Trooper was on a traffic stop and a truck drove by and the driver honked the horn and flipped the Trooper off. The Trooper got back in his car and caught up to the truck, the driver was DUI and was then arrested. The judge threw the book at the driver for DUI but dismissed the charge of flipping the bird, then the judge started to chastise the Trooper for not having thicker skin. He went on and on about being a public servant and how you should not use your power to supress the speech of others blah blah blah. The judge gave his final statements and then the next case was called, as the Trooper walked away he turned and looked at the judge and flipped him the bird. I was like "Oh that did not just happen".... The Judge couldn't get his composure in time to say anything to the Trooper who had already walked out... The judge sent the deputy out to get the Trooper... A few minutes later the Trooper stood before the judge being raked over the coals again, when he got done he asked the Trooper what he was thinking and the Trooper simply said " I just took the advice of a district judge, public servants should have thicker skin... Doesn't feel so good does it judge"... The judge ordered him out of the court room... I don't know what ever happened after that but it was an AWESOME moment to see a judge get it put back on him.....

cap

That was absolute BS. The judge is throwing out every law terminology that he can, but the guy didnt even get an attorney? He didnt even know half of what that retard judge was saying. Heaven forbit he had sneezed...that would have gotten him 3 years.

Raise your right hand...oh well you cant raise your hand. DDLFKSD:LFJLKDSJFLKDSJFJDSFJ so help you God? seriously that is a joke.

Dude was on a MASSIVE power trip and should be penalized for abuse of power.

From an old news article in 2009 (Judge: 'Flipping the bird' was not illegal - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review):

"The United States Supreme Court has long recognized that non-verbal gestures and symbols may be entitled to First Amendment protection," Cercone wrote in his 19-page opinion and order filed Monday. "Moreover, several courts, including federal and state courts in Pennsylvania, have found that the expressive use of the middle finger is protected speech under the First Amendment."

This case was not about doing so in a COURT OF LAW WHILE IN SESSION...Just like in the Armed Forces, you give up some of your rights when you sign the dotted line, or walk into that courtroom....punk got what he deserved - no, wait, a flying biochslap might have been beeter...

I agree with 6 Days being too much. I think just WACKING OFF HIS MIDDLE FINGER and letting him go would be enough :laugh:

Then he could tell all his other nutty friends, he was a Japanese Thug of the 1st Degree :rofl:

This case was not about doing so in a COURT OF LAW WHILE IN SESSION...Just like in the Armed Forces, you give up some of your rights when you sign the dotted line, or walk into that courtroom....punk got what he deserved - no, wait, a flying biochslap might have been beeter...

If you read my first post, you'll see that I agree (for the most part) with what you say. First Amendment speech can be limited by time, place, and manner--particularly in a courtroom, which is typically found to be a non-public forum. My reference to the case was to simply point out that expression is protected speech.

If you read my first post, you'll see that I agree (for the most part) with what you say. First Amendment speech can be limited by time, place, and manner--particularly in a courtroom, which is typically found to be a non-public forum. My reference to the case was to simply point out that expression is protected speech.

Okey dokey :)

People in here arguing law that don't understand criminal proceedings, constitutional law or first amendment exercises.

I like to call these people: "Lawlyers".

Continue.

Am I wrong.
I don't think there was a lawyer on his behalf, so i can't see why that is legal.
Unless he didn't want one.
After the judge sentenced him, then the judge asked him if he wanted one.
Gurrera

Back