Flipping the finger cost him 6 days in jail and more

6 days seems pretty a little leaniant to me. People nowadays think that "freedom" means that you can do anything you want without regard to the law or respect for others. I dont think this type of behavior is what the founding fathers had in mind when the wrote the "Constitution".

Jg your comment reminds me of Capts sig. The guy says he doesn't even know why he did it? That makes him a stupid knucklehead :)
Imagine if God forbid it did result in mistrial the trouble the 'flipper' would be in.

some people think they can do whatever they want without any consequences. 5days seems harsh but maybe he'll learn a lesson.:thumbsup:

I'm split on this one. The judge is known for being hard and has a zero tolerance policy and that is made clear every morning in his court rooms. (i been following slightly so know a bit). Guy knew and got caught. On the other hand flipping someone off isn't really a 6 day jail offense. I think he should have to clean gum from the benches and sidewalks of the court house for a few days and a fine. Plus the guy he flipped off was a lawyer they aren't really people :p

6 days seems pretty a little leaniant to me. People nowadays think that "freedom" means that you can do anything you want without regard to the law or respect for others. I dont think this type of behavior is what the founding fathers had in mind when the wrote the "Constitution".

Flipping the "bird" is not an illegal act. I would fight it.

Rockethead using Tapatalk

Flipping the "bird" is not an illegal act. I would fight it.

actually, it is if you do it in a courtroom

"Several signs are posted outside of the 23rd floor courtroom warning spectators that facial gestures, hand signals or audible comments are prohibited."

Article states that "several signs are posted outside of courtroom warning spectators that facial gestures ,hand signals, or audible comments are prohibited. This judge has appeared to adhere to the letter of the law in most areas, I don't think he varied from his procedural processes here.

Granted what he did was stupid but the judge was talking down to him as if he was a nobody. Court room or not I would definitely appeal that. If it was I and he started asking me those demeaning questions I would have just stopped answering and told him to lock me up. No body talks down to me as if they are better then me. I'm just saying.

I could be wrong , But the dude probably broke a Rule but not a law... Criminal contempt would mean he broke the law ( what law?) Civil contempt would mean he broke a contract or money contract with the court ( he didnt) .. He flipped an attourney which gets his license from the state , the Judge gets his license from the state, the DA gets his license from the state. It all sounds like a manoply game... Notice the judge asked lots of questions about " HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU MAKE?" " do you have any $ in savings, or checking account or assets /property etc etc.." ? " Do you have a job?" Its all about the $$$$ and power..
Now on the other side I do understand there has to be order in the court.. I think the Judges have too much power . A Judges job is to make sure the laws are fallowed and pass judgement from a jury .. I hate the court system & think its more corrupt than disorder in the streets...

actually, it is if you do it in a courtroom

"Several signs are posted outside of the 23rd floor courtroom warning spectators that facial gestures, hand signals or audible comments are prohibited."

I wasn't aware of that. Learn something new every day.

Rockethead using Tapatalk

I don't think it is illegal for him to have flipped the finger but it may be illegal for him to have disobeyed the posted rules?

Article states that "several signs are posted outside of courtroom warning spectators that facial gestures ,hand signals, or audible comments are prohibited. This judge has appeared to adhere to the letter of the law in most areas, I don't think he varied from his procedural processes here.

So if he sticked out his tongue, he could've been arrested also?!?!?! ???

This case has been nothing but drama and shenanigans.
Hold the Mother in contempt, fry the defendant and lets move on.
What a waste of time and money.

The question remains, why did the numbnuts do what he did when it was clearly against the judges rules? For the media exposure? To help get a mistrial declared?

When in the courtroom, the "i can do what I want" mentality does not apply. It's called CONTEMPT OF COURT folks - and what he did was clearly in contempt of the judges rules. Maybe the little smartazz will think a little harder next time...

Back