Flat spot at 4k after new 4 into 1 exhaust and PCV install

@Dr. Greenthumb

genereal request - what for do you need the PC ?

my ´00 runs abs. perfect - the only "motor" mod i did was to replace the 16bit by 32bit ecu/rotor (plus a flash of the ecu to unlimit it to ´00 standard)
and an akrapovic 4in1 is installed

the old external fuel pump ´99 + ´00 is still in use (but i will change to internal when i got my original ´00 tank fixed/welded/solded with the pump connector for the internal pump ´02-´07)

and there is no jerking at all !

and on the country road i leave near 95% of all others far away behind me up to "loosing" them outa mirrors.
as a friend of mine said : the bird rides the cage - loool -

my recom. would be get rid of all that unnecessary stuff (e.g. PC) and ride your busa as it came from japan.

with the right bird on top the busa is faster than every other cage ;)

and
@Dr. Greenthumb

if you want a lot more hp (around 370-400hp, e.g. at 1.2-1.3 bar)
do it the right and only senseful way and put a gear selected turbo into your busa.

all other "mod" for me is only a fumbling around with a lot of costs and no real measurable more hp at mid range of rpm
same at all "sharper" camshafts - only in highest rpm you can measure some 2-6 more hp
but when the heck do you ride your cage at those rpm ???

man?
go through my list above from #1 to #6 and check your busa for that possible issues
without any mods .

@Mythos

Man I'm so glad I did....disconnected PCV from bike's harness and ran on just the ECM....could not replicate the problem....got back home and reconnected the PCV and test ride the bike...bam! There is the stumble/flat spot.

So no matter what MAP I use I have a stumble/flat spot in 2nd gear around 4k RPM at 40mph....

I guess I'm going to contact Dynojet...

ALSO I should mention: the seller of the PCV I found on Amazon, I bought it directly from them and I wait a week and no PCV in mail. I email the guy he tells me the unit on the shelf tested defective and do I want to wait for another unit and I said yes. At the time I thought it was B.S. excuse because he went to shelf and unit was missing...so tell customer it's bad they have to wait another week for another unit to be shipped in.

Now I'm wondering if he shipped me the defective unit.

I'm going to stay positive about dynojet and hope they will replace the unit with a good one...

Oh yes I wanted to ask anyone who might know...can I run without the PCV and with no tune for the new pipes or am I going to burn up a piston?
I run a full yoshi alpha t exhaust and haven't put a pc or anything on it yet and if I remember correctly their website said i didn't need too. Of course I'm not getting all the benefits without it being tuned for the exhaust but a lot of people run a full exhaust without a pc. @c10 ran his for quite awhile before getting it tuned and ibelieve found it was actually running a little rich .

It’s very rare that you have to add much of any fuel in the lower rpm at part throttle. I see some cells as high as 16. That doesn’t seem right to me.
If you’re leaking air through the pair valve that will be showing a constant lean condition, so auto tune would be throwing a bunch of fuel at it.
IDK about your Delkevic but my Tsukigi on my 08 busa hardly ever pops and that's without the PAIR. I'd get rid of the PAIR. If nothing else, you shed 15 oz for 3 oz of blockoff plates and a terminator plug. You don't need it. The worst thig that will happen is carbon and grease will build up o the reed valves but they're not doing anything without the PAIR anyway.

I thought I would put one last entry into this thread in case others have the same problem with PCV on Gen 1 or if someone is considering buying one.
I Couldn't be more disappointed in Dynojet PCV...I installed the replacement they sent me and same problem exists...in 2nd gear around 4k it surges. (since then I went back with voltmeter to check every sensor I've got...everything tests OK.). Two defective units or just POS?
I've wasted money on the PCV, the autotuner and having it run on a dyno trying to resolve this problem, even bought rebuilt injectors...bottom line is bike runs fine without the PCV but now I have a 4 into 1 exhaust and everyone says the air/fuel needs to be tuned. Does it really?
Delkevic exhausts told me the 4 into 1 was modeled on stock Hayabusa....so I'm going to run without PCV and check plugs to be sure it's not running too lean but so far it rides fine without the PCV with the new exhaust.
I just can't see ever spending a dollar on any Dynojet product ever again.

Safe rides to you all
-DGT

Back