flat spot when throttle blipped

ridered492

Registered
my son just purchased his first street bike,03 turbo hyabusa.we took the bike in and had a heating issue fixed and at the same time had it dynotuned to see where the bike was at as far as being tuned correctly. the bike has a flat spot if you blip the throttle off idle, very annoying.the second issue is the bike seems to run like crap in at least the first three gears at exactly 3000-3500 beyond that rpm no problems. we are new at street bikes, son races motocross. any ideas appreciated.

U would would think the tuner would have been able to fix the problems..
Well as far as your problems, theres alot more to look at since u have a turbo..
More info on what all your running would really help..

i thought he would have noticed also.highly recommended shop. bike is 03 busa with JE crank,JE turbo pistons,carillo rods,stud kit,hahn stage one.the shop replaced begi regulator with aeromotive 1/1 regulator and 65 lb.injectors.bike was originally overheating and would not restart after riding any amount of time,also fuel pressure was very erratic.those problems are cured. my son bought the bike strictly to cruise with friends,no high speed runs. the bike is very customized and i know its total overkill but its his dollar. my main concern is the dead spot in the off idle,kind of like wrong jetting in his dirt bikes.just thought maybe something i could check before making the seven hour drive back to shop.i see that there are a lot of very knowledgeable guys on here so thought i would give it a shot,thank you!

Welcome to the oRg. Where are you located and we may be able to find you a good tuner that can fix that for you.

twotonevert , we are located in Eldorado,Ks,not to far from you. I drive for a freight company out of Wichita Ks, to Oklahoma City every night. We took our bike to cycle werx in Fort Worth,very nice guy. I am going to call him in a.m. it is our fault we did not tell him about the dead spot when we dropped the bike off,he cannot fix what he does not know is wrong,we were all worried about the other problems.thanks for the welcome and cool video at hallet,we have friends who live at glencoe.

Ok, if you have a guy cool. I would suggest Smithers in Kansas City if you need someone closer. He does great work and knows his stuff. Glad to know you are close, and thanks for the kuddos, Hallet is a blast and I need to get a dedicated track bike. But then I would become a track junkie. :laugh:

Back