30 MPH Flat spot

05BusaLe

Too much time to kill and money to spend
Donating Member
Registered
> MY HUSBAND HAS A HAYABUSA, UNRESTRICTED MODEL, AND HE HAS A FLAT SPOT ON IT AT ABOUT 30MPH. WHEN HE SPEEDS UP TO PULL AWAY FROM A JUNCTION OR ROUNDABOUT ETC, THATS WHEN HE GETS THIS FLAT SPOT, COULD ANYONE SUGGEST WHAT THIS MIGHT BE AND HOW TO FIX IT. ALSO WHEN THE BIKE IS STATIONERY, BUT RUNNING, THE SPEEDO SOMETIMES FLICKS UP AND DOWN, AND HE DOESNT KNOW WHY, PLEASE HELP, THANKS

Greetings,
I would like to know a few things, Has the normal service been done, How many miles on the bike? What year is the bike?
Just going by what you have written above I would say change the fuel filter, then check the fuel pressure. Sounds like a fuel starvation problem! As far as the spedo jumping, is it just the spedo or do all the gauges jump? If its all the gauges then I would say check the plug at the rear of the cluster, if just the spedo then check for a short in the wiring from the speed sensor (located on left side, rear lower side cover)it is in the sprocket cover.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Does it have a PC of any sort? Sounds like mapping caused by weather change.</span>

any time the gauges go crazy I would check the battery and connections if it doesn't have any electrical mods. a bad battery will do screwey things to the gauges. as will loose connections.

(heavybusa @ Apr. 07 2007,17:08) Could it be a low battery affecting the PC?
This is my exact thought. Battery should be the first thing checked.

Back