Flat rear tire...

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
My mostly brand new qualifier with about 1300 miles on it has what looks to be a staple in it. I got on it to ride to work and notice right away something felt off. Only a few blocks from the gas station on base so i went there on my way to work and checked pressure... FLAT!! I pumped it up and then rolled the bike to check the tire. It's either a huge staple or a nail bent over right in about the middle of the tire.
sad.gif
I have no choice than to plug it for now as i dont have the money for replacement and dont know when i will. My primary mode of transportation down, this sucks!
pissed.gif

rant.gif

I have plugged a tire before and it is still running strong and true. It has been at speed. Some will say to take it easy and some will say you are fine... I was really hesitant to plug it and ride but someone I trust told me it would hold. Good luck.

I had a flat on my bike with 340 miles on the original tire. Bought a qualifier, hopefully I wont need another one for a while.

I was kind of scared to plug, but I guess if it is not protruding out and you take it easy it should be ok for a little while??

Take it in to have a PRO plug it properly and ride it if he says it's ok
wink.gif

I used to be a car mechanic. We would never plug a speed rated tire. I recently had the same event happen to me on my rear tire and I decided to get a new one. It may hold but I sure would feel uncomfortable travling at high speeds.

my .02

Little bit of hardware in the tread
all_coholic.gif
Been there and got that many times B 4
argue.gif
Tire plug worked every time and held till it was too the wear bars.
rock.gif

(hayabusa626 @ Oct. 26 2006,08:55) I used to be a car mechanic.  We would never plug a speed rated tire.  I recently had the same event happen to me on my rear tire and I decided to get a new one.  It may hold but I sure would feel uncomfortable traveling at high speeds.

my .02
Car tires and motorcycle tires are not the same...with a plug from the inside (not a patch) and if the tire is NEW enough, they can be repaired. Not recommending that you do any high speed runs on a plugged tire, but you can run it till you wear it out
biggrin.gif

I emailed the company about my situation. I know they are under no obligation to help me in anyway but amazingly they are willing to sell me a new tire and give me free shipping on it! http://www.americanmototire.com/ So far I have no complaints about these people!
beerchug.gif

I get my tires at cycle gear; they have road hazard coverage on their tires.

I have plugged motorcycle tires in the past and actually have one in the rear tire of my R6 right now. Been lucky with the Busa so far. I too have run a tire with a plug in it til it's ready to be replaced.

I must be psycho because I have run it to maximum speed several times with a vulkanizing plug and its all good.

(Sloto200 @ Oct. 27 2006,08:14) I emailed the company about my situation.  I know they are under no obligation to help me in anyway but amazingly they are willing to sell me a new tire and give me free shipping on it!  http://www.americanmototire.com/  So far I have no complaints about these people!  
beerchug.gif
I Concur, Awesome Prices and EXCELLENT Customer Service!!!

Back