flat black paint job?

samw5

Registered
i know someone posted a pic of a flat/matte black busa a little while ack but I can't seem to find it anymore.

i've gotta respray a couple pieces of my 04 LE and since i'm afraid it won't match I'm considering other colors.

any pictures of a ducati black like busa would be great!

id like to see this as well, ive considered doing it to mine with some gloss black kanji symbols on the fairings to break it up. I think it would look awesome.

Andy has one apparently. I contacted him (don't remember his username now but he's on the board).

Here is a post with a pix of his ride:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums....ura+TRI

It's real sweet, he's got CF fairings (upper, sides and fender), flat black paint on tank and rears, powdercoat on the rest. Very VERY sharp looking ride.

I think he mentionned mixing the clear with the flat paint to answer my durability concerns.
He hasn't had a problem with it so far.

Hope this will help,
Sam

someone posted a pic of a flat bkack busa that had chrome rims, and I think it had chrome swimgarm,frame also. It looked awsome ! I looked everywhere but cant find it again.

I love the flat black look. I opted for a little different blue-flaked black on mine with matte kanji symbols on the fairings. I'll post up pics as soon as she's back from the paint shop.

It gets flatter blacker everytime i make it home .
i know someone posted a pic of a flat/matte black busa a little while ack but i can't seem to find it anymore.

I've gotta respray a couple pieces of my 04 le and since i'm afraid it won't match i'm considering other colors.

Any pictures of a ducati black like busa would be great!

09 PICS 025.jpg

your bike is sharp too Vannwray, I like the flames. If anyone comes across the one w the chrome rims, let me know where its at...it's so cool. Any one else w flat black bikes should post them for everyone to see. I think my red and black 05 would look sweet in matte black! I just bought the bike in november, took the fairings off two days ago and noticed that the lower section or the right fairing has been resprayed! NOT IMPRESSED!!! Espesially because the prevoius owner didn't disclose this. Its down low though, didnt crack the fender... just a poor repair. I need to get it repaired correctly or it'll eat at me:drama:

Last edited:
I've got a friend with flat black 1000 and it look pretty good....I think its due to all the lines the liter bikes have....I've yet to see a gen 1 or gen 2 busa in flat black that looks good to me...Kinda looks cheap I think, the fairings and bodywork are so big it just doesnt look right to me

Back