how to paint my fairings flat black

Chopstix

Registered
As subject says, or! does anyone have any cool ideas for a orange/black busa? I gotta repaint the fairings, so does anyone have any ideas?

what up bling bling dome!! lol. jk.. man..ive been alright.. my back is slowly getting better.. i start therapy in a couple of weeks. lol.. but yea.. the bike has been almost repaired.. but i still need a yoshi can, and i got scratches on my fairings.. so, im thinking of going to the flat black.. what do you think?

Good to hear you and bike are mending well. IMHO, flat black will only highlight/draw attention to the portions you're trying to patch up.

my 2 cents: save up some coin to to get a new paint job (factory or custom). Or snag some take-offs. Meanwhile, keep the razzed pieces on for now (we'll call that battle scars :) )

I would be careful when ordering painted peices, a lot of room for error. As far as painting, I would get someone who knows what they are doing to fix it. I got quoted 500 for a color change if I brought the fairings to them. Would be well worth it.

I have a 2001. I have only done the tail and the tank. They have turned out pretty nice. I took off all the stickers on those areas except "Suzuki" on the tank since it was under the clear. I am not sure what I am going to do about the Kanji on the lowers. I scratched up the surface with 320 sandpaper. I sprayed some gray primer and then some flat black. I did mine with the sub $4 rattle can.

Back