best way to achive a flat black

samizx7

Registered
hey guys, i am trying to paint my bike flat black.
i was wondering what is the best way to achive flat black. which spray can to use. what is the best body filler. i have a donor plastic, but i am not sure how to melt it. should i clear coat the body.?
i do not want to use a bed linear as i am planning on doing a paint job later.

I will say what ever you do don't rattle can it or you will pay out the ass to have it professionally painted later.Rattle can is a painter's worst nightmare.

even if i sanded down to the primer later,i really do not want to ride it like that(now it is on the factory primer)

even if i sanded down to the primer later,i really do not want to ride it like that(now it is on the factory primer)
ask some of your local paint shops

theres a way to do it real nice was done on a buddys car satin/flat black with gloss black flames

i think the did a stain paint and added a good bit of reducer in it

hey guys, i am trying to paint my bike flat black.
i was wondering what is the best way to achive flat black. which spray can to use. what is the best body filler. i have a donor plastic, but i am not sure how to melt it. should i clear coat the body.?
i do not want to use a bed linear as i am planning on doing a paint job later.
If you want flat black for painting later, go to your local auto supply store and get black sandable primer. Not everyone carries it, most only carry the obligatory gray. It's out there if you look for it. It will give you the flat black now and will not be the nightmare later.

+1 on the black sand able primer
smile.gif

Back