Fitment of wheel, rotor, caliper

FamilyGuy

Registered
Hello fellow Busans. I just bought a set of billet wheels and have run into an issue with the rear rotor fitment. When I purchased them online the description said that the wheels only require an aftermarket sprocket but this isn't the case. The rear hub has 4 bolts for the rotor, after hours of research it seems the wheel requires a cbr rotor(220mm) which has a 20mm smaller diameter. So I found that I will need a tl1000 caliper bracket and a cbr rotor for this to work. Has anyone ever had, or heard of this issue?

1264878751610.jpg

Did you buy these from an Internet Motorcycle shop like Roaring Toyz or was it an Ebay sale.

If a store I would contact them and ask them :wtf: and do they carry the parts you will need

If an Ebay deal your probably going to have to find them yourself but I would contact the seller and see if he had the parts

To answer your question no I havent had this problem and I have swapped rims twice.

I do like the looks of your new rims :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes it was ebay. I sent him a message earlier but have no replies yet, probably won't respond until monday. I really hope this doesnt turn into a pain in the rear rotor!:laugh:

Boy have I been down that road! Are those AMW wheels? I have the same ones on my bike. I ended up buying a different rotor hub. I cant remember where I got it from. I think it was from Carrozzeria Wheels. I had to order a sprocket that fits RC Component wheels. I got that from Driven. The hardest part was getting the rear wheel spacing right. The spacers I received, put the rear wheel too far over to the right. It was over about 1/4" too far. I hope you got the correct spacers. I ended up buying a spacer kit from RC Components and had to machine some of their spacers to fit just right. You might call RC Components and talk to their tech support about your hubs. When I bought my rims, (they were used btw) I was told they had RC Component hubs on them. Also, I had to center the front wheel in my forks. The stock axle pulled the wheel over too far, and pulled the rotors with it, binding the brakes up.

bike 014.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SH_______________T! Yep, amw. You gotta be kiddin me, thanks for lettin me know. I'm glad you saw this post lol. Otherwise I'd be tryin to fit wheels for the next few months. Your bike looks sick. I like the black frame and swingarm that's what I'm gonna do most likely to show off them Gangsta's! BTW what's the name of that blue?

It is the factory 07 Blue Vigor Pearl, but it has House Of Kolor Royal Blue flake over top of it.

Back