First time for everything

GeebMan

Registered
It was another beautiful day for riding here in the Omaha area. So I'm riding just taking it easy and I turn on a 2 mile stretch of desolate rural highway and gun it. I make it up to about 100 and hit a small bump/rise in the road and I get the bike completely airborn. She landed without the slightest little wiggle. I must say it caught me off guard but it's good to know she can handle that when she needs to.

Probably would have had to change my drawers after that! Mostly because I would have been afraid it wouldn't have landed smoothly!

uhh....yeah. Aside from crashin into the earth, going airborne on my baby is my next biggest fear.

Nice! Got photos?! just kidding, but glad to hear the 'busa is capable of such a feat!
biggrin.gif

I haven't done it on the Busa but I did do something similar on a dirt bike. I was out in the desert going about 60mph and all of a sudden I came across a berm that was about 10ft high. It blended in with the ground and did not see it until I was about 20 feet from it, no time to even slow down. Before I knew it I was flying through the air for about a hundred feet or so scared the sh#t out of me. When I landed safely, I was like Holy sh#t that was fun so I turned back around and did about 3 more times, I felt like I was in Supercross or something:laugh:

Yeah, Been there at about 140... It's important to know the road ahead of time before you really open it up. What was a little swell at 65 or so sent me airborne at 140... came down with a bit of slappity screwed the throttle back on, unloaded the front and all was well... After I replaced my drawers.

So pick your spots well I am thinking head out past Offutt AFB south... If I remember right there was a Nice smooth Looong road out there... OR, Head over past Council Bluffs and pick up the interstate towards KC... Not much out there... Then again you are surrounded by freakin open space... Lots of room to open up a busa, just remember not to come out of your tuck to quickly above 170 or so, and to scout your road ahead of time, make certain that there are NO crossroads, driveways, Humps, swells, dips, potholes or freakin chickens... Oh and relax...

I have a 1975 Honda CB200T and I always go over speed bumps at 30mph and compress the suspension to get air. I think I've gotten it probably 3 feet off the ground. Regardless it's pretty fun.

little airborne on a residential street. There is a little hump in
the road I've known about since a kid, but never had a Busa
to play with it. Driving 25mph....see the hump...gun it to about
45mph just before impact....airborne ~1-2 seconds....near heart
attack....cheers from the young bucks in the yard across
the street....BigDawg's thinking "you have no idea"
biggrin.gif

i caught a hump on the highway doing about 100 one day and i came up off the seat and would have come off the bike if i did not have a good grip on her !!

would have seen a busa going down the road unmaned

UFB
unmaned flying busa
rock.gif

Happened to be before as well at about 140-150mph at a crossroad. The only thing I noticed was my rpm's climbed by 600-700 and dropped right down followed by a slight wobble and jerk at the bars. Oh and the guys behind me were amazed that the Busa could actually get about a foot of air.
laugh.gif

Did that on my old YZF at 95 the front carried over the crest and my friend had an old 93 GSXR 600 so it was heavy in the front so he wanted to go back through faster to do it. We did at 105 and the tach hit the limiter thought something broke but felt absolutly nothing when I asked my buddie if he saw anything wierd he said my back tire was a foot off the ground!!! Then the shakes settled in and thought to self COOL. LOL

We have a perfect spot for doing that out here by where people like to stunt. The first time I was following out there I jumped out front not knowing that it was there. Only doing about 60 but still got about a good 7 foot distance on it from what was said. Stay relaxed and all is good

Had a similar airborne experience while crossing one of those inclined railroad crossings. I knew it was there and made sure I slowed for the steep rise. It didn't matter, 'cause the Busa just jumped like a swamp rabbit. It did make my heart go pitter patter, but my drawers were still clean..
biggrin.gif
It was strange, but something really felt exhilerating about doing that. Now I make that little jump just about everytime I cross that track. Sounds crazy, but I can be that way sometime...
tounge.gif

Brian

Back