First time at the track on the Busa...

Bruno44052

Registered
Ok guys, went to the track last night, only got three passes, long night of break downs..
Most likely it's me, but just curious what you all think.
The bike is a 2006 it's completely stock... Bike weighed 550lbs, I weighed 230 suited..
1st pass: 11.10 @ 132.96 with a 2.16 60' , 1/8 mile was 7.44 @ 106.63 : Left at 4000, shifted at 10K
2nd pass: 10.96 @ 133.65 with a 2.01 60' , 1/8 mile was 7.26 @ 107.27 : Left at 4500, shifted at 10K
3rd pass: 10.72 @ 133.12 with a 1.82 60' , 1/8 mile was 7.05 @ 107.23 : Left at 5000, shifted at 10K (except into 2nd screwed up short shifted at 9K)

This sound ok??
Doesn't the mph seem low??

MPH does seem a little low, but for your first time at the track with the bike with a completely stock bike, that's not bad

With more practice, you will be in the 9's in no time. Be careful and have fun. You do a lot better than I do with your third run and 1.82 @ the 60. I have a hard time getting there, but I am too afraid to launch above 4000 or so. Just have fun!:thumbsup:

You did get better with each pass and didn't get hurt or break down. That's total WIN in my book. Good Job! :thumbsup:

Ok great.. Had fun, I think I can get more out of it.. Gonna order some lowering links for it.. Should have some pics tomorrow, my buddy is suppose to email them to me tomorrow...

You aren't getting wide open in first gear...

What is your weight and what's your 330'...?

I am around 250-255 suited in full leathers.
This was the first time on the 1/8 mile a couple weeks after I bought my 09. All stock. I was not able to get full throttle until almost 3rd, power wheeled 1-2..

2011-06-28_20-55-11_681.jpg

That's pretty darn good brother. Shoot for that 1.60 60'. Practice is all you need.

I weigh about 230lbs. suited.. 330's were,,, 1st pass: 5.143,, 2nd pass: 4.998,, 3rd pass: 4.770

For your first time, you are doing very well. Just need more practice and work on that clutch and throttle hand.

Get that 60' down and the 330' will drop. You should be going mid-low 6's in the 1/8th and you'll be knocking on 9's...

All stock bike?

Yeah 100% stock..
Ordered lowering links for it, just need to order a kickstand I guess.

Launching the Busa is much harder than my old gsxr 750, and my v-rod.. But hopefully I can get it down, would love to see low 10's.. Then maybe with some parts crack into the 9's!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice!!!
Totally appreciate it!

Good job...1st time out.. 10's are darn quick....
I have a VERY hard time Daring to get the clutch out off the line....pretty much wasting the 1st 30 feet...
mines lowerd abit.pipe and pc, one down on the countershaft....my second time to the track of 3 times....AAARRGG...... best time so far 10.02 @ 144 w/ my infamous saddles bags one. OH so Close to my goal. :banghead:

Bruno thats awesome!!

I made one pass on my buddies bone stock 05 LE minus the fixed lower links and strap. I kinda goofed the launch but went a 10.68@136. I was 235 unsuited at the time. I think with a few more passes I could have gone 10.2'-10.3's.

My suggestion is too shift a 11k. Buy a strap if you dont have one already. AND GET A CLUTCH MOD WITH 3 HEAVY SPRINGS!!! Dont want to chatter that clutch.

Dont know what you next plans for mods are.................... My 03 mods were ,clutch mod,3 heavy springs,bmc race filter,small air box mod,pc3,hmf big bird,16/42,lower links and strap. I was 235 unsuited and my best was 9.99@142 and would cut 1.67-1.70's

My buddy had a 07 with extentions +6,drag radial,dumps,small airbox mod. He went 9.97@138 cutting 1.56 60ft's. He was 260 unsuited.

Yeah 100% stock..
Ordered lowering links for it, just need to order a kickstand I guess.

Launching the Busa is much harder than my old gsxr 750, and my v-rod.. But hopefully I can get it down, would love to see low 10's.. Then maybe with some parts crack into the 9's!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice!!!
Totally appreciate it!

Fully agreed on the GSXR750 launching over the Hayabusa..
I could scream my old gsxr 750 off the line with great clutch control carrying the front wheel perfect.
These Damn Stock BUsa Clutches with the slipper clutch basket with the hydraulic clutch are a handful to slide out of the hole not to mention the torque:banghead: to much and she will chatter.

What's the clutch mod needed? I notice that clutch chatters.

I gotta start reading on what mods I need!!!

Thanks for all the info guys!
Going back to the track tonite, for some more practice!!

What's the clutch mod needed? I notice that clutch chatters.

I gotta start reading on what mods I need!!!

Thanks for all the info guys!
Going back to the track tonite, for some more practice!!

Clutch Mods and other Clutch Components | Brock's Main Store

This eliminates the back-torque eliminator function on the Busa. If you are running the gen 1, some guys also like to put the cushion kit in Clutch Cushion Kits and other Clutch Components | Brock's Main Store

I also believe that if you are putting heavier springs in, it is reccomended to put a slave support on as well.
Good luck with the racing!!

I also believe that if you are putting heavier springs in, it is reccomended to put a slave support on as well.
Good luck with the racing!!

I would suggest what my builder/tuner did for me. 6 heavy springs will require a slave support but 3 heavy with 3 stock will not.

If you getting chatter on the launch I will back off launching that hard. People have flipped due to the chatter.

Back