First run in w/ cagers this morning! LOL!

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
Well there I was, turning off FM 1960 onto 249 headed for the homestretch, minding my own business when some ragin' cagin' fool in a Viper wants to start some crap. I looked at him and nodded no - but he was persistent, very persistent. So - I obliged him for about four exits...... and ate his breakfast for him! I slowed so he could catch up - he gave me my propers with the obligatory 'thumbs up' and he exited. My exit was next and I just got home and again I find myself unable to stop grinning like a kid on Christmas.
WOW guys. What have I gotten myself into?
This Busa thing is awesome. I really don't know what else to say or think. Glad I did it.

Do you ever get used to the power??

Well, I guess so as some guys turbo or spray theirs, but - damn.....
thumbs-up.gif

laugh.gif
- OWNED! Thanks for the post, since I can't get out today. When some freakshow pulls up next to me I sort of giggle. I have told people:
1. You will not beat me off the line.
2. You will not take me in the top end.
3. You won't pay my speeding ticket.

Move along sir, just move along.

Well there I was, turning off FM 1960 onto 249 headed for the homestretch, minding my own business when some ragin' cagin' fool in a Viper wants to start some crap. I looked at him and nodded no - but he was persistent, very persistent. So - I obliged him for about four exits...... and ate his breakfast for him! I slowed so he could catch up - he gave me my propers with the obligatory 'thumbs up' and he exited. My exit was next and I just got home and again I find myself unable to stop grinning like a kid on Christmas.
WOW guys. What have I gotten myself into?
This Busa thing is awesome. I really don't know what else to say or think. Glad I did it.

Do you ever get used to the power??

Well, I guess so as some guys turbo or spray theirs, but - damn.....
thumbs-up.gif
I"m not used to the power on mine and I'm going boost.... just imagine doing a roll on with 100hp more than you have now.....
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108225629 -->

I've gotten so tired of beating everyone up that I don't bother anymore... "just ask yourself punk, do ya think ya can really beat the Busa, do ya punk?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yeah I get folks all the time around here.... nothing worth wasting my gas on
laugh.gif

I've gotten so tired of beating everyone up that I don't bother anymore... "just ask yourself punk, do ya think ya can really beat the Busa, do ya punk?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I just shake my head and repeat," A man's gotta know his limitations."
Then I say, "And you just met yours."
biggrin.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1216"|1108228684 -->

laugh.gif

Nice job!

Hey fstbusa. Are you really going turbo? We have to get together for a ride this summer so I can see it in action!

man I am not trying to be a D%ck when I ask this so don't take offense to it. I am a fan of the Viper as well as the Busa and I know it's a very capable bad ass ride I have driven them before. I have no doubt that you beat the guy but was it REALLY as bad of a spanking as you let on? I would expect a Busa to beat a viper by 2 or 3 car links not a major difference. I mean maybe it was just the dude driving it was a total scoob I dunno. Just wondering how you guys started out? What speed? What did you top out at before u both let off? Just fill my curiousity if you don't mind. Appreciate it.

man I am not trying to be a D%ck when I ask this so don't take offense to it. I am a fan of the Viper as well as the Busa and I know it's a very capable bad ass ride I have driven them before. I have no doubt that you beat the guy but was it REALLY as bad of a spanking as you let on? I would expect a Busa to beat a viper by 2 or 3 car links not a major difference. I mean maybe it was just the dude driving it was a total scoob I dunno. Just wondering how you guys started out? What speed? What did you top out at before u both let off? Just fill my curiousity if you don't mind. Appreciate it.
A well riden Busa will destroy a stock Viper. I opened up a large gap (about 6 or 7 bike lengths) on a Viper on my FJR, rolling on from about 30 to about 120 MPH. I was pulling away very quickly, too
smile.gif
, according to a buddy on his Kawi Vulcan that enjoyed the race from behind the Viper.

Very interesting. I have never had a chance to go toe to toe with a viper yet but I WELCOME the oppurtunity just so I can sit back like you paid 90 grand for that....I paid 9 for this.....don't u feel dumb? lol. Seriously though I guess I under estimate my bike then cuz I was figuring about a 3 car length loss. I am anxious to take one down bad now if it's like you say. The only thing I have had the pleasure of DEMOLISHING around here are corvettes. For some reason either people around this area are on crack and don't know what kind of bike they are messing with or these chevy guys think vettes are like mad crazy racers. Granted they are nice rides but are they even worth running a busa? NO! BUt, it seems like every time I go out I run into one trying to show himself. Oh well step up boys is what I say

I have done lots of work on Vipers over the years.. And what i can tell you is this>> A stock viper GTS will run 11.80s with a good driver ... That's a long way from beating or staying with a BUSA !!! Now that i have said that i'll tell you this>> I do the tuning on a viper with dry shot N2o >> This viper runs 9.40s in the 1/4 mile...The owner is a close friend and will race Busas or anything that wants to try...Both the Busa and the viper are kings on the road, but stock to stock it's all Busa..
smile.gif

I've had bikes purposely weave in and out of traffic to catch up to me at a red light. Once they pull up, it's almost like a lion cub playing with the mother. This bike "IS" it.
bowdown.gif

A busa will destroy a stock Viper if you start from down low to maybe ~120.  If you do a roll on starting above that, the Viper will hold it's own.  At 80 mph mine idles along at 1500 rpm.

Viper pwr:wt = ~.14hp/lb.
Hayabusa pwr:wt = ~.33hp/lb.

I have no problem with the price difference, each beast for a different mood ;)

A busa will destroy a stock Viper if you start from down low to maybe ~120.  If you do a roll on starting above that, the Viper will hold it's own.  At 80 mph mine idles along at 1500 rpm.

Viper pwr:wt = ~.14hp/lb.
Hayabusa pwr:wt = ~.33hp/lb.

I have no problem with the price difference, each beast for a different mood ;)
Dude you have a Viper and Busa? Jesus you are like my Fuggin Hero. If I had those two things plus and F-16 to fly around I would be content to die cuz my life would have been fulfilled at that point.

Back