First ride w/16t countershaft sprocket...

Hey Bullet, you take it easy on those corners dude, you are as big as that bike and you will bust your hinny if you aren't careful. It's winter time for most of us and I don't know where you call home but if it's in a cool climate, cold pavement and cold tires is not a good combination for corners. The key to advancing your skills without crashing is to advance in little baby steps. Don't get over confident. The one that bites you is the one you don't see coming! My theory on cornering is never to enter a corner with more speed than you can safely stop within the distance of sight! Good Judgment and common sense, use it and have fun!

Hey dude, I've got my name on the first black Gixxer that shows up at the local dealership. Once it arrives I'll come give you a run for your MONEY! <Snicker>

Just be careful Man, Gotta stop and be content somehwere and have balance. Glad you are happy with your ride just be safe.

Roy

Way to go BT ... thanks for the update and ride report. I too have fallen in love with the twisties, so I can learn a lot from your experiences. You're right, the bottom line is we have to get out there and practice, practice, and practice. My ulitmate goal is to attend the KSS classes one of these days.
In the meantime, I'll keep practicing in the mountains, reading, and learning from other riders.
Hey, have you thought about doing the video camera thing will riding? You could be the next NickSlick in the twisties !!
Yeah, I really want to do some track days or take some classes. That would beat the Hell outta tryin' to learn it by trial and error on the street like I've been doin'. I've been told by more experienced riders that I've rode with lately that I'm better than I think I am. I think the improperly set-up suspension issue on Train had me handicapped. I just took everyone's word that the busa handled better than I was givin' it credit for and figured all that was left to blame was my skills, or lack thereof. Since gettin' on the 10, which is set up pretty dang sweet for me as it is, I have found that my lack of proper suspension set-up on Train was the reason I couldn't go faster on 'er in the twisties than I did. That's were I got the idea that I was slow.

On local rides with Diablo I either end up out front or chasin' whoever is and not gettin' walked on. I'm not walkin' off and leavin' the experienced riders but they're sayin' that I'm not really holdin' em back either. I dunno... I really wish I could take a good ride on a properly set up busa now. It would be interesting to see just how a properly set up sample actually does handle.
wink.gif

As for the video cam idea, yeah... I'd love to. I may end up with one but I've got a couple more mods I want before I sink money into a camera set-up. Hell, most of my rides would be borin' anyway.
biggrin.gif

Hey Bullet, you take it easy on those corners dude, you are as big as that bike and you will bust your hinny if you aren't careful. It's winter time for most of us and I don't know where you call home but if it's in a cool climate, cold pavement and cold tires is not a good combination for corners. The key to advancing your skills without crashing is to advance in little baby steps. Don't get over confident. The one that bites you is the one you don't see coming! My theory on cornering is never to enter a corner with more speed than you can safely stop within the distance of sight! Good Judgment and common sense, use it and have fun!

Hey dude, I've got my name on the first black Gixxer that shows up at the local dealership. Once it arrives I'll come give you a run for your MONEY! <Snicker>
Yeah, I rode for quite a while yesterday to let the tires build up a little heat before I done anything crazy. The last thing I want to do is scuff Diablo or myself playin' on cold roads/tires.
wink.gif

Hope yer as happy with the gixxer as I am with the 10, man. I couldn't be any happier!
beerchug.gif

Just be careful Man, Gotta stop and be content somehwere and have balance. Glad you are happy with your ride just be safe.

Roy
Thanks Roy. And yeah, you have a good point about havin' balance and a stopping point in all the madness. I love to play but for the most part my ridin' is kept pretty sane. I know it prolly don't come across that way when I'm postin' but that's because I don't post about all the miles I rolled yesterday hangin' back with a fairly new rider and just enjoyin' the scenery. I rolled a buncha miles yesterday at no more than 50 miles per hour or so, just stayin' back and watchin' Matt play a little out in front of us.

Our recently fallen brothers crossed my mind more than once during yesterday's ride and caused me to roll off at times when I normally would have gotten a few more mph, or drove a little deeper into a corner. There's nothin' more sobering than havin' yer mortality rubbed into yer face a little via the loss of a fellow rider.
rock.gif

Back