First Post, First Sport Bike

dpert1

Registered
Hello all, just thought I would introduce myself. Im Dave and I JUST bought a sweet 06 busa and currently waiting on shipment!

I have been riding Harley's since I was 16 (before my car license, 23 now) and even worked at a Harley dealership (If anyone has a Harley parts and accessories question, I'm ur guy). I was inches from buying a VROD but there is a long story associated with that one and why I dont have it, lol.

Anyways, I figured I would try out the sport bike scene (is crotch rocket a bad term here?) with a little persuading from the gf. I started looking at 600's as per the suggestion of many of my friends (I am sport bike retarded) but I also kept hearing the "you'll get tired of a 600 quick" speech. One morning on base (I'm active duty Army, almost into EOD school) a major questioned me about my car (05 Lotus Elise) as he got off his busa. So I asked him about his bike and he convinced me into buying a busa in 2 mins. He said he has a large amount of respect for it, unlike his old 600, and thus is more careful on it. Made sense to me and here I am, lol.

If anyone is still reading right now:poke:I have a few FNG questions. The bike I bought has a full yosh carbon fiber exhaust system (one with the single muffler, dual tip) and a power commander. First off, does it need the power commander, and secondly, how do I tell if its mapped correctly (by correctly I mean dyno tuned)? Thanks in advance for the help :bowdown:

:welcome: to the org. MAke sure to post pics once you get it. Im not sure how to check the maps on a PCIII but Im sure someone else will chime in. :beerchug:

:welcome: to the madness. We are all good ppl on here and several ride harleys so youll get along nicely.

Crotch rocket isnt bad term but most call it a super sport or just a full blown hold onto ur *** rocket..

Enjoy and be safe, bike has more balls then u think.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Welcome and you are going to love the bike. As far as the correct map, you can download the software from the Power Commander site. Just a quick read, they have the Yoshi dual exhaust full system map available for download. That is going to be close enough to give you a good tune until you could get it to a dyno for a proper set up.

Again, Welcome!

Welcome to the oRg. We have another Lotus owner on the board, and cant wait to see pics of the new bike. To answer your question, it just depends. If you have a 4 to 1 exhaust chances are you have the right map in the power commander. The only way to know is to load it up on the computer and see, or take to a tuner. But, if it runs right and you dont have problems, dont worry about it. You do also need the power commander unless you reflash the ecu with the mods you have. Again, welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

:welcome: and be careful, they have a bit more umpf than a harley, which means you can get into trouble much faster :whistle:

Welcome and congrats on your new busa:cheerleader:
Comparing a Harley with a Busa is like getting out of a
dump truck and into a Z06 Corvette.
Becareful and take it easy and watch the speedometer
You will surprised sometimes and look down and say
CHIT! I am going 120MPH and I thought I was only doing 70:welcome:

:welcome: to the ORG! Look forward to seeing pics! In the meentime you can post some pics of that there Lotus!:thumbsup:

Best bike ever built, I've had several bikes and this is the only one I don't see myself getting rid of, maybe just upgrading to a gen II, but still keeping my gen I, unless I turbo my 05, lol to many choices, you get the point, you'll love it, and welcome to the .Org

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

congrats and :welcome: to the dark side:whistle:
chances are if it has a pc and a pipe it has the correct map. probably has some other mods also.
prepare to open the wallet.....

and....

busa%202%20012.jpg

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

First welcome to the Org.

I might be able to answer your Question about the Dyno Jet map vs a Custom Tune.
Download the software from the power commander site and download the map specific to your upgrades. (yoshi pipes)

If you received the power cord that came with the power commander hook it up and then attach the USB cable to you laptop. "Open map file" find your map and print it. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE MAP FROM THE SITE INTO YOUR BIKE.

THEN
Go to "get map"
then "save map file"
"Open Map file"
look at the numbers and compare to printout. These are the numbers off YOUR bike's Power Commander.

If you have a custom MAP the numbers will be different than the numbers off the site which are generic to all bikes running the same mods.

Welcome!:welcome:

Welcome! I love the term FNG! I use it as often as I can at work.
I want to hear the V-Rod story :whistle:
Is it possible to ask the previous owner if the bike was tuned or just loaded w/a generic map?
As far as crotch rocket goes...well, that term is used by the unknowing, uneducated general population. The same folks who use the term"ninja" as any and every sport bike.
I don't know your girlfriend, but, she is brilliant and has increased her sexyness an want factor just by merely suggesting a sport bike! Just you wait till she climbs onboard behind you!
Hoping your exhaust is the CF one, as it is one of my fav's and sported it on my 02 GSX-R 1000. Regardless, welcome, enjoy your stay and be safe! Congrats on the new ride!:beerchug:

2439.jpg

:welcome: and Congrats on the new ride!!!!
Coming from Harleys to a Busa as a first sport bike, RESPECT the power!!!!!!

Wow, I have never been so welcomed into a forum, thanks everyone!

For those asking for pics this is the link to sales page: 2006 Used SUZUKI GSX1300R at Diamond Motorworks Serving Naperville, IL, IID 5517799

Motochris: lotus pic is attached. I know way way more about cars and car modification then I do about sport bikes so this car is deff my baby. I have about a grand into the ICE (after my old best buy at cost discount), a k40 radar detector/laser jammer system, tri-channel radiator, HID's, and I hope to have it supercharged by next year (used my supercharger money for the busa, lol).

Twist the throttle: Awesome advice, hope it has that cord.

Cheferman65: Yup, thats the pipe. I asked but he said he forgot which I'm taking to mean it was a generic download. The gf is quite the catch, I'll be sure to get pics with her on the bike :inlove2:.

As for the vrod story, my last week working at the dealership before I went on active duty, an 05 screamin eagle CVO Vrod with 63 miles on the odo came in. It was my dream bike. I put a hold on it for the weekend, called my bank first think monday morning and had the approved loan for 14k sitting in my account. I txted my buddy in sales and he said someone had JUST put a new 24hr hold on the bike. long dramatic day followed, come to find out my best friend at church bought it that day and he wasnt even the one who had the hold on it. What happened was the sales manager, who is a complete c**t, just sold it to the first person she could find with an approved credit app, employee interest and outside holds be damed. My buddy had no idea I even had interest and felt terrible after we swapped stories. He even offered to sell it to me (he found a vrod he wanted more at a diff dealership) but by that time i was a week from active duty and couldnt make it happen. We'll see if I like the busa better (I think I will).

Seriously thanks again everyone for being awesome here, they arnt even this friendly on the lotus forums.

IMG_0432.jpg

:welcome:That is a sick car man!!!! Took a look at your new busa looks sweet!!! Welcome to the org by the way!!! Thank you for your service to our great country!!!

Back